Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Ok so [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] mentioned something about the dogs carrying their own stuff and this prompted something I was thinking about the other day. We have twins and the only way I would take them out by myself was to use the monkey leashes (there is a reason for this that I won't go into right now). Its basically a small monkey back pack made into a harness and leash attachment. I was thinking that would be perfect to use when I had to take Sheldon out to carry his own treats, poop bags and water bottle. It is adjustable so I should be able to adjust it to fit him and I can use it with his existing harness so what do y'all think?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok so @BruceP mentioned something about the dogs carrying their own stuff and this prompted something I was thinking about the other day. We have twins and the only way I would take them out by myself was to use the monkey leashes (there is a reason for this that I won't go into right now). Its basically a small monkey back pack made into a harness and leash attachment. I was thinking that would be perfect to use when I had to take Sheldon out to carry his own treats, poop bags and water bottle. It is adjustable so I should be able to adjust it to fit him and I can use it with his existing harness so what do y'all think?

I think that's a great idea. I wish they made a small Bulldog back pack that would fit Buster. That way he could carry his own stuff.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I don't see why not. There are a lot of doggie backpaxks out there. Some even have a built in harness.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I think that's a great idea. I wish they made a small Bulldog back pack that would fit Buster. That way he could carry his own stuff.
Baby section at Walmart LOL or at least that is where I got mine 9 years ago..LOL

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
That's a great idea...water bottle, treats, bags...I love it. My boyfriend has talked about this so many times!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Sounds like an awesome idea. If you end up,trying it out, let us know how it works out, and pics are mandatory. Lol

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I will do it tomorrow, just one of those things that goes through my mind from time to time.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Ok so @BruceP mentioned something about the dogs carrying their own stuff and this prompted something I was thinking about the other day. We have twins and the only way I would take them out by myself was to use the monkey leashes (there is a reason for this that I won't go into right now). Its basically a small monkey back pack made into a harness and leash attachment. I was thinking that would be perfect to use when I had to take Sheldon out to carry his own treats, poop bags and water bottle. It is adjustable so I should be able to adjust it to fit him and I can use it with his existing harness so what do y'all think?

OMG you will have to post a picture!

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG you will have to post a picture!
I full intend to I will have to go get it out of our vehicle where it has been since the twins were little LOL just one of those things I just can't seem to let go of even though they will be 10 years old in October

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Definitely need to see a pic of this, it sounds good.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon will probably give me stink eye for a few minutes, like "Really, Mom!"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I was thinking more along the line of them carrying a couple of stemmed glasses and a bottle of Muskato Sangria... I suppose they could carry a bottle of water too if there was room. :idea:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
That's a great idea. Ruthie would have NONE OF IT though. I can't wait to see photos!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.