Who else is like me lol....

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
I am soo anel I guess, but having delt with parvo once before and then also treating the dogs that came in at the vet with it I am so picky who comes over and then I clean with bleach after wards lol... Ireland is due for her 5th round of shots today, My daughter came over last night and I was like (before she came in the door) have you been around ANY dogs? where have you been with those shoes lol... So the tile floors got cleaned with bleach.. Just wondering if anyone else is the same when they have a new puppy.. I know I was really bad when I had a litter of pups...

Also do you give more then 5 parvo shots to a pup or is 5 good?
I just need to stop stressing lol...

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Never experienced Parvo before, but I'd probably be the same way. You're a good mom and you have to go with your gut! :yes:

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I was careful with my puppies, before they had all their shots. I did 4 shots, not five. I don't do dog parks, even after they're finished with shots, I think you never know what you're going to run into at dog parks. I was mostly careful not to let them around other dogs when they were real little, no trips to Petsmart on a leash. We did take Gertie to Petco for a nail trim, but I carried her in, held her the whole time and carried her back out. You can't ever be TOO careful!

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I have experienced parvo before too!! It is nothing to play with. I make anyone that is coming into the carpeted area take off their shoes and I clean like crazy when they leave. I have OCD too so, i kinda can't help it lol

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Havent had to deal with parvo thankfully so I am not ocd about this stuff at all. Probably should be more but my boys dont go out to parks and stuff too often either.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
We havent had parvo but I am completely OCD when it comes to my babies (skin and fur) people think I am a little :crazy:!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I was real careful with my pups when they were babies but I wasn't that anal. Now I am going to school to be a vet tech and am currently enrolled in an animal disease control & sanitation class. We are currently all assigned to a disease and have to do a report in front of the class about it. Now that I am learning in depth about all these diseases I am becoming more anal and can see myself feeling the way you do when I get my next pup.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.