The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Since we got Harlea my wife has been taking her to work with her the 3 days a week she works. Now the time has come for Harlea to start staying at home with me more. As I work from home and spend a lot of time on the phone I didn't want to keep her locked up in her crate all day while I was working but couldn't spend the day chasing her around so I had to find something else. To my surprise I was able to find a large doggie play pen for her. Currently it is setup in my living room for today as my daughter will be keeping an eye on her but I will be moving it to my office in the next few days. We let let he play in it for a bit after we set it up and she had a good time. In the normal configuration it is roughly 21 sqft of area for her and she has all her toys and cooling pad in there as well. I know some people are against things like this and that's ok. She will be in and out many many times during the day but I needed to be able to keep her from destroying things in the house during times I couldn't keep a strict watch on her.

Attachments

• Harlea_Playpen.jpg
    Harlea_Playpen.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 167

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nice!!! You're a GOOD Dad. She can watch you all day long.:D

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Great idea ,she will be safe there and she can see what is going on in the house

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I've had a playpen set up for Dozer after we were unable to prevent him from defecating in his old crate. He was a pet store dog and we think that's why we were unable to stop that habit. Needless to say, the day we got the pen was the last day he ever defecated in his area. I think playpens are great, it gives them more freedom than a traditional crate and allows them to stretch and walk around if we are away from the house for more than a few hours.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I wish I had the room in the house to connect this to her crate to give her own little palace to rule over but sadly I don't. She seems to be enjoying it and when someone can really watch her we just let her go in and out as she pleases.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
What a great idea! She has more room and freedom, but is safe and not getting into trouble! :D

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We really like it as they have additional panels you can get to make it larger and that we can take it to gatherings and not have to keep her in her crate. Plus it helps when we are trying to cook dinner and have a little butterball wanting to get in to everything.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Looks like the perfect solution to me! :up:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

mbd963

May 12, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ramsay
I got just a similar set up for Ramsay! I start a new job in September where I will be gone for 4-5 hours at a time, so I got a pen that attaches to Ramsays crate so he can have a little bit more freedom! I think it's a way better option than being cramped up in a crate for such a long time. Now to see if he will pee in there or not... Here's to hoping he won't!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
I think it is a good idea and love her playpen! I wish I had done that when the Diva was a pup...she chewed on A LOT of things...namely a pair of handmade Lucchese Alligator boots, 2 Cartier purses and several chairs from my formal dining room set. :/ Good thing she was cute. :)

As long as you're taking her out several times a day to do her business I think she will be fine!

Good job Dad!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
That's perfect! I'm trying to come up with ideas for my daughters Shepherd pup, to contain him with more room than the crate. But..he climbs everything! Have tried 2 Xpens of different heights AND a puppy gate. Right over the top. :(
I love this idea Todd! I've decided Bully pups are the best ever...shepherds..not so much.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
It looks great :) We have thought about getting one too. It is super hard making dinner when we have our lil goof ball hunting for food the whole time.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
It looks great :) We have thought about getting one too. It is super hard making dinner when we have our lil goof ball hunting for food the whole time.
That is one of the reasons we decided to get one. Dinner was taking way to long to make as we are OCD schedule people and if dinner isn't done before 6pm the wife and I don't do dinner yet the kids still devour it.. lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.