Does your Bully like to have their nails trimmed?

Does your Bully like their nails trimmed?

• Total voters
OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
LOL , I wish Beefy would be as calm as some of your bullies.....he runs, then hides, then I give him a toy or treat and as soon as he hears the clipper cut the nail...he turns into a beast out to eat a finger lol. I tried the dremmel .....ummm he started freaking out!!!!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
petsmart only charges 11 for drill or clip. jeff wants to attempt to do lex's at home i just tell him good luck with that :lol:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Orion is a SCREAMING no!
Vegas could care less.

BUT....
Orion loves her teeth brushed and
Vegas hates it.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I am so lucky, Samson's nails really just don't get long enough where they need to be cut. We have alot of concrete in our backyard and before we were at this house we lived in apartments so we did alot of walking for potty breaks. So I have always assumed all the walking across concrete keeps them filed down. I also have assumed that his slow, lazy bully dragging walk helps file them down more. I have only had them done a couple times in his 4.5 years of life and it was never an issue when we did.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION], Lucky for you!!, I live in Florida and half of my back yard is sand, I do walk him daily, but his nails grow so fast. It is every 3 weeks for us at PetSmart, again it takes 3 girls, I would NEVER attempt this at home, we tried once, Joe actually sat on him like a horse while I tried to dremmel, Not going to happen!!! He was like a bucking bronco, Like I said well worth the $11.00 to have it done at Petsmart, poor girls!!
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], Yes they always want to charge extra for getting his ears cleaned, I refuse, because I do it myself and his ears are fine and clean. We have an ear wash that we bought from our Vet that we use once a week and I also use baby wipes when needed.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
well...does this answer your questions :lol:

ry%3D400

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=530]LisaRN[/MENTION], well that just totally cracked me up!!!! That is EXACTLY what Vegas does as I watch and wait for more and more "assistance" to get his nails done, I will have to take a picture, he is going this Friday, I promise it will look the same!!! How old is Chester, and what does he weigh? My Vegas seems so much bigger and he is 17 months?????

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Rocky simply HATES the clippers. When he sees it, I have to chase him around haha
I can't trim his nail with it cuz he don't allow or let me.
So what I do is, I just used a nail file. His nail never gets too long, it's just I need to smooth out the edges.
He loves it! Or maybe I'm mistakenly think cuz when I filed his nail, there's a treat right on his face hahahahaahha

That's such a smart idea. I might just try that tonite! :)

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
[MENTION=530]LisaRN[/MENTION], well that just totally cracked me up!!!! That is EXACTLY what Vegas does as I watch and wait for more and more "assistance" to get his nails done, I will have to take a picture, he is going this Friday, I promise it will look the same!!! How old is Chester, and what does he weigh? My Vegas seems so much bigger and he is 17 months?????

Chester will be ONE year old in just a few weeks :up: He weighs about 55 lbs. He looks smaller in that pic, but he is really compact - more wide than he is tall and long.

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Chester will be ONE year old in just a few weeks :up: He weighs about 55 lbs. He looks smaller in that pic, but he is really compact - more wide than he is tall and long.

[MENTION=530]LisaRN[/MENTION], Vegas seems to be a big bully, he is 63lbs. and has maintained that for 5 months not a bit fat, he is very broad across the chest, but he seems longer than most I see, I think this weekend I am going to measure his height and length and start a thread. He is not that tall, just longer. So it is pure muscle that gives him his weight.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
[MENTION=530]LisaRN[/MENTION], Vegas seems to be a big bully, he is 63lbs. and has maintained that for 5 months not a bit fat, he is very broad across the chest, but he seems longer than most I see, I think this weekend I am going to measure his height and length and start a thread. He is not that tall, just longer. So it is pure muscle that gives him his weight.

A Dr. I work with has a bully that is 9 months old (Chester's half- brother I suppose by another litter), and he is 69 lbs! But, he's now on a diet :eek:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
A Dr. I work with has a bully that is 9 months old (Chester's half- brother I suppose by another litter), and he is 69 lbs! But, he's now on a diet :eek:

Yeah it amazes me the variety of sizes on here. I have heard as small as ~ 35 lbs to ~ 70 lbs. Like I know Orion is close to that small size and if I remember correctly I think Horse is around the 70 mark.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Uuuuugh I need to trim EVERYBULLY's nails and I keep putting it off. My dremmel is going to get worn out this week when I finally do it!!!

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Uuuuugh I need to trim EVERYBULLY's nails and I keep putting it off. My dremmel is going to get worn out this week when I finally do it!!!

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], do they all allow you to do it with out fighting you on it? Do you have to have help? We tried to dremmel Vegas and he was like a wild rabid animal, bucking, pulling, you could see pure terror in his eyes. Plus all his nails are black and it made me nervous. Like I said I will gladly pay the $11 at petsmart. He hates it but he always gets a new toy that he picks out himself after as long as it is in the "cheap/clearance" bin.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
@KMARINO lex is 9 months and is 64 lbs we measured him the other nite for his hoodie and he's 30 in long!! at petsmart they always have to bring in extra help, i tell them that if they scratch his booty it'll make it alittle easier. they just look at me like im stupid and never try it and we watch them have a tug a war match with him and i just laugh knowing that scratching his booty some would help some

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.