Tatoo?

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
When I took Petey to get "fixed" and micro chipped the vets office wanted to know if I wanted Petey to get a tattoo.I have never heard of such a thing. Dogs getting a tat? They had mention that some people remove the chip when they find a dog such as a bulldog. So in order to be safe they tattoo. I had to think about it for a few moments. I was for sure his dad was going be upset with the tat. So I thought I would have "DAD"....lol But I wanted "MOM"..lol So Bri said what about putting his nick name "Stinky Pete". That sounded Great! Well his Dad loves the tattoo. Stinky is now 8 months old..we have spent a lot of money on him. I wish now that I would have put "$" on his stomach instead..lol Does anyone else have a tattoo on their bully? Here is a pic of it. 0526131319.jpg

Last edited:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Nope sure don't. Around here they used to tattoo serial numbers inside of the the hip area but they don't do that much any more as it is easy altered. However I have never seen one like you had done and think it is kinda cool.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
When I took Petey to get "fixed" and micro chipped the vets office wanted to know if I wanted Petey to get a tatoo.I have never heard of such a thing. Dogs getting a tat? They had mention that some people remove the chip when they find a dog such as a bulldog. So in order to be safe they tatoo. I had to think about it for a few moments. I was for sure his dad was going be upset with the tat. So I thought I would have "DAD"....lol But I wanted "MOM"..lol So Bri said what about putting his nick name "Stinky Pete". That sounded Great! Well his Dad loves the tatoo. Stinky is now 8 months old..we have spent a lot of money on him. I wish now that I would have put "$" on his stomach instead..lol Does anyone else have a tatoo on their bully? Here is a pic of it.View attachment 53188

Are you SERIOUS??????????????????????? That is CLASSIC!! OMG!!!! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: I love it!! hahahaha!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Ah, wow! I've seen things like small serial numbers but never a cosmetic tattoo. I'm not sure I'd do it because, even though he was sleeping when he got the tat, tattoos do hurt and itch to heal so I'll be interested to see how your bully does with that unpleasant aspect of tattooing.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
my husbands cousin has a pitbull and he tattooed something on the inside flap of Dozer's ear. I wish our vet did something like that!! I'd have a four leaf clover done on Sheldon simply because I have three of them on myself.

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
Rockstar :cool2: This must give him serious street cred.

OP
Dana F

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Stinky had it done when he was 5 months old and was done on his inner thigh. He did great afterwards...no problems with it. Never licked or scratched at it.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
The humane society in Chicago does a small straight line near their privates so it is obvious that they have already been spayed to prevent unnecessary future surgeries, but I guess one like yours is a great identification method whereas a line wouldn't be.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
That's awesome. I would get Ruthie one. I know the next one i'm getting is of her paw prints so maybe i'll put my fingerprints on her..LOL.

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Never heard of a dog getting a tattoo before, lol. That's pretty cool but I'm not sure I would get Dozer one.

I would get a portrait of my bully though, most likely on my back to compliment my tattoos.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
That's awesome. I would get Ruthie one. I know the next one i'm getting is of her paw prints so maybe i'll put my fingerprints on her..LOL.

That's a great idea! I think Sheldon's paw print on my forearm to cover up the Kanji I have there now and his name and date of birth

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online