Updates on Loki

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He was perfect when I came home today hopefully over the next few days the fear on my part will go away!

fantastic... one day at a time!! hugs all the way around

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Here we are 2 weeks almost to the hour since Loki had any form of seizure! He is getting better everyday the phenol must be doing its job! He isn't wobbly on his legs anymore he is starting to lift his leg to pee, he is running from his poop again. So many great things are happening! We have noticed that his depth perception is still a little off and he won't go out in the yard alone which is kind of a pain in the butt. But I much rather go out with him then him go in the house which thankfully hasn't happened for 2 weeks either.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Here we are 2 weeks almost to the hour since Loki had any form of seizure! He is getting better everyday the phenol must be doing its job! He isn't wobbly on his legs anymore he is starting to lift his leg to pee, he is running from his poop again. So many great things are happening! We have noticed that his depth perception is still a little off and he won't go out in the yard alone which is kind of a pain in the butt. But I much rather go out with him then him go in the house which thankfully hasn't happened for 2 weeks either.

Great progress.... fingers crossed and positive thoughts it continues for you all

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
So we go to the vet tomorrow for Loki's panels to make sure that the meds are doing as great as they seem to be doing and nothing bad. His vision is still questionable and he does seem to startle way easier then normal but he is trying his best to be Loki. At times it is hard to see him not recognize the people that he normally runs up to and loves but we have a new system set in place so that when someone comes over they sit in the entryway facing the wall so that Loki can smell them and them to figure out who they are and what to do next. It seems to work pretty well until they put on sweatshirt or change if he doesn't see it we have to go thru the process again. Hopefully the vet is able to give us some insight as to what is causing it. I'll let you all know how the appointment goes :)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
That is great that Loki is doing so well :happy2:

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
It makes me so greatful everyday to watch him making progress I am so glad that we were able to keep it together and get him help as fast as we could.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hopefully you will get good news regarding Loki... Sending hugs & prayers!!! Keep us posted...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Good stuff Loki! What a fighter he is! Good luck tomorrow please keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
So the only thing that we really learned today is that Loki has lost about 8.7 pounds over the last month so we have to up his food to 3 1/2 to 4 cups a day to see if that helps put the weight back on. She did a quick eye check and didn't see anything that caused alarm and confirmed my suspicions that the depth perception issues could have been caused by the high fever and continuous seizure activity. Which may also answer the question of why is he so scared of people now even if he has known them since we got him. We won't have the blood panels back until Friday but they ran a full panel for functions and pheno level. His allergies last night were out of control I woke up to him continually trying to clear his throat at 4 this morning. Tried to give him some lemon juice he was not having it so at 4 am I found myself making him some chicken broth to drink and try and get it to stop some which it did thankfully. So back on the benedryl we go hopefully this fall is fast so we don't have to keep giving it to him all the time. Anyways he is doing really going other then his allergies and vlowing his coat. Hopefully the levels will come back and we will be good to go for another few months.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
So the only thing that we really learned today is that Loki has lost about 8.7 pounds over the last month so we have to up his food to 3 1/2 to 4 cups a day to see if that helps put the weight back on. She did a quick eye check and didn't see anything that caused alarm and confirmed my suspicions that the depth perception issues could have been caused by the high fever and continuous seizure activity. Which may also answer the question of why is he so scared of people now even if he has known them since we got him. We won't have the blood panels back until Friday but they ran a full panel for functions and pheno level. His allergies last night were out of control I woke up to him continually trying to clear his throat at 4 this morning. Tried to give him some lemon juice he was not having it so at 4 am I found myself making him some chicken broth to drink and try and get it to stop some which it did thankfully. So back on the benedryl we go hopefully this fall is fast so we don't have to keep giving it to him all the time. Anyways he is doing really going other then his allergies and vlowing his coat. Hopefully the levels will come back and we will be good to go for another few months.

This sounds like some good news. I am happy Loki is doing better and the vet was able to confirm the depth perspection suspision you had. What a great bully mama you are to make your baby soup at 4 am :hug:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Good luck to Loki! Poor guy has been through a lot..praying for a complete recovery!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.