Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Updates on Loki

Quote Originally Posted by Lokismom View Post
    Here we are 2 weeks almost to the hour since Loki had any form of seizure! He is getting better everyday the phenol must be doing its job! He isn't wobbly on his legs anymore he is starting to lift his leg to pee, he is running from his poop again. So many great things are happening! We have noticed that his depth perception is still a little off and he won't go out in the yard alone which is kind of a pain in the butt. But I much rather go out with him then him go in the house which thankfully hasn't happened for 2 weeks either.

Great progress.... fingers crossed and positive thoughts it continues for you all
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergus
    Likes (Received)

Yay Loki! So glad he is better

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

So we go to the vet tomorrow for Loki's panels to make sure that the meds are doing as great as they seem to be doing and nothing bad. His vision is still questionable and he does seem to startle way easier then normal but he is trying his best to be Loki. At times it is hard to see him not recognize the people that he normally runs up to and loves but we have a new system set in place so that when someone comes over they sit in the entryway facing the wall so that Loki can smell them and them to figure out who they are and what to do next. It seems to work pretty well until they put on sweatshirt or change if he doesn't see it we have to go thru the process again. Hopefully the vet is able to give us some insight as to what is causing it. I'll let you all know how the appointment goes
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

That is great that Loki is doing so well

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

It makes me so greatful everyday to watch him making progress I am so glad that we were able to keep it together and get him help as fast as we could.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

It makes me so greatful everyday to watch him making progress I am so glad that we were able to keep it together and get him help as fast as we could.

Each tiny step is really a huge one forward. Keep up the great work sweety...

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Hopefully you will get good news regarding Loki... Sending hugs & prayers!!! Keep us posted...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

Good stuff Loki! What a fighter he is! Good luck tomorrow please keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

So the only thing that we really learned today is that Loki has lost about 8.7 pounds over the last month so we have to up his food to 3 1/2 to 4 cups a day to see if that helps put the weight back on. She did a quick eye check and didn't see anything that caused alarm and confirmed my suspicions that the depth perception issues could have been caused by the high fever and continuous seizure activity. Which may also answer the question of why is he so scared of people now even if he has known them since we got him. We won't have the blood panels back until Friday but they ran a full panel for functions and pheno level. His allergies last night were out of control I woke up to him continually trying to clear his throat at 4 this morning. Tried to give him some lemon juice he was not having it so at 4 am I found myself making him some chicken broth to drink and try and get it to stop some which it did thankfully. So back on the benedryl we go hopefully this fall is fast so we don't have to keep giving it to him all the time. Anyways he is doing really going other then his allergies and vlowing his coat. Hopefully the levels will come back and we will be good to go for another few months.

Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

So the only thing that we really learned today is that Loki has lost about 8.7 pounds over the last month so we have to up his food to 3 1/2 to 4 cups a day to see if that helps put the weight back on. She did a quick eye check and didn't see anything that caused alarm and confirmed my suspicions that the depth perception issues could have been caused by the high fever and continuous seizure activity. Which may also answer the question of why is he so scared of people now even if he has known them since we got him. We won't have the blood panels back until Friday but they ran a full panel for functions and pheno level. His allergies last night were out of control I woke up to him continually trying to clear his throat at 4 this morning. Tried to give him some lemon juice he was not having it so at 4 am I found myself making him some chicken broth to drink and try and get it to stop some which it did thankfully. So back on the benedryl we go hopefully this fall is fast so we don't have to keep giving it to him all the time. Anyways he is doing really going other then his allergies and vlowing his coat. Hopefully the levels will come back and we will be good to go for another few months.

This sounds like some good news. I am happy Loki is doing better and the vet was able to confirm the depth perspection suspision you had. What a great bully mama you are to make your baby soup at 4 am

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Good luck to Loki! Poor guy has been through a lot..praying for a complete recovery!

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Like I tell him every morning today is better then yesterday and tomorrow is better then today

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads