Panic mode is setting in!!!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
:scared:
Here we go..... in one week I have to leave Bogey at Boarding school for FIVE WHOLE DAYS!!! I am beside myself with worry and fear. I know it is not rational, but this is the first time we have ever left him, even for overnight! I have spoiled my bully rotten, so routine is such a big part of his life, I am so fearful they won't keep his routine intact. And I am talking about the specific times he eats, plays, poops, pees and chases a ball! And the biggest worry for me is that they won't give him his frozen yogurt at 8:30 pm every night, or give him his rubdown before bed. Seriously I am sobbing at just typing this!:cry::*(:hissycry::moping::hissy3:
I will be kicking and screaming when I drop him off next Thursday. We are headed to Ct for Ed's daughter's wedding (darn kids!)We will be back on Monday (Labor Day) but I can't pick him up because the office is closed due to the holiday!!!:hissy2:
Need some positive feedback from those that have boarded their bullies- and let me tell you- I will DIE if not one of you has ever done this!:nervous:
I am even worried that if the plane crashes and we both die, what would happen to our baby?? Oh, this is not gonna be fun- at all!!
And to make matters worse, we HAVE TO DO THIS AGAIN IN OCTOBER FOR OUR 40TH CLASS REUNION! Which happens to fall on Bogey's 1st birthday, so I am fretting about that!! Oh how I hate doing this! I already told my family, I am NOT coming to Ct again until next summer when we can drive up and bring our boy with us!
Please tell me he will be fine and I am being silly. I have written instructions for his routine, which I HOPE they follow. Am I being unreasonable to expect this??
:sos::help1::help1::help1:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
You're being silly and he'll be just fine:bitchslap::hug:

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
hahaha your message made me giggle! I have the same fear every time I leave Izzy at my mother in law when we are out of town. I want her to text me pictures and send me updates 24/7!!!!

The truth is that Bogey will be fine, actually he will be GREAT playing with other doggies at daycare! The problem is US!!! How can WE stay without our babies for that long! My only advice is to find the closest bottle of wine and try to relax and enjoy your time off!!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No you're not being unreasonable. I know how you feel. I did it once and could never do it again Mary.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I was having a panic attack when I left Winston this summer for our vaca, he had broken out in hives the day before we left!!! Of course he was totally fine, and the pet resort he stayed at put pics on FB... I was also texting them & they responded right back that he was doing great :D Bogey will be FINE... you need to try & enjoy your trip. Of course I'm not sure that a wedding would be considered relaxing... LOL

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Our Bulldogs look forward to going to their special hotel--they are always tired when they get home, but the hotel is sooooo exciting. Bogey's routine will be changed for sure ( he is not their only guest) but he will be just fine. Have fun !

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:
What is it with these crazy animals that captivate us so much?. You KNOW in your inner self that he will be JUST FINE but you cant convince yourself of that. LIghten up, have a beer.
:loco::loco::loco::loco::loco::loco::loco::loco:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We did alot of weekend trips this summer and we will be away at the end of this week for 10 days. I am a wreck every time I leave Brutus. It was not possible to take him with us on this trips, believe me I have tried. I actually try to face time with Brutus until my husband catches me and wrestles the phone from me. :ashamed: We leave Brutus with family so I know he is being cared for, although my sister in law as deemed Brutus UNCOOPERATIVE!! can you believe that??? Not my baby! ;) anyway try to have fun and just think of the slobbery kisses and butt wiggles awaiting your return.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
So...I feel your pain. I had waited 25 years for Dudley...mostly because for 16 of those years I traveled constantly as a consultant. I left that job and got one just 15 minutes from home. Got my Dudley. Then, horrors, I had to go away for 4 days to shoot a video for work. I was HYSTERICAL. I almost refused to go, but we had just been taken over by another company and I needed that JOB! I boarded Dudley at his vet's...he LOVES everyone there. Plus, his trainer also works there and she promised me he would be fine. They all were very kind and understood the lunatic that was dropping off the perfectly normal puppy! Dudley was about 8 months old. The day came...I did not sleep all night...sat up, watching him sleep and crying. Oh yeah, raging lunatic! I take him...sobbing all the way there...they were so sweet. Hugged my boy goodbye and off he trotted...trotted mind you...he never even looked back! Later that night...when my colleagues couldn't stand me another moment and begged me to call...I checked on Dudley. He was great. Having a wonderful time...eating, sleeping, playing...They did understand and said I could call any time. I forced myself to call just once a day...he was always fine. I could hardly contain myself when I went to pick him up...he was excited, but it was not that HUGE of a deal...I was beside myself, but he was pretty blaise about the whole thing! He was more excited when he got home to all of his toys!

Your baby will be fine. And so will you. They'll let you call and check in...and do it. I know how you feel...I don't have children and Dudley is my BABY...I'm still apprehensive when I have to board him...and he is always happy to be there! Try and relax...I know it's hard!:heartsign:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I've never boarded but I'm sure they will be just fine. :hug: I have to leave my guys in October for 3 days for my son's wedding. Wilson and Sally are going to neighbor friend of mine who pet sits professionally. And the other two, Emma and Jack will stay home and be watched by a family member and our other neighbor. I'm only nervous at what Emma might chew up. :nervous: Bogey will probably have a great time. Just like the kid attending school on the first day, they get all nervous and such and by the end of the day all's great and they've made new friends. :up:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
It's ok to worry... Just don't let it consume you or else you won't enjoy your time away. Bogey will be fine.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Bogey will have a ball. Think of it more as summer camp for him. I've never personally had to board Tubby as my mom is always nice enough to watch him. So I think he would have even more fun at day care because he would have so many play dates!

Bogey will do just fine. :hug:

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
I totally know what you are going through last year we went to Vegas for an extended weekend and Loki stayed with our friends we were checking in on him the whole time! Of course he was totally fine when we got home!

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Oh I know how you feel. I think that we invest so much of our lives, hearts and time in these bullies that in the end we become even more dependent on them than they on us (almost ;) ). As far as you leave him in a good place with good people he will be fine. I have not such place close to us, lots of weird so-called "dog hotels", which I have personally visited and after a glance decided my bully wasn't gonna stay there. So we gotta drive 5 hours to my in-laws every time we need to go somewhere he can't come. He always gains a little weight but I know they take good care and love him very much. Hope Bogey makes many friends and that you enjoy yourself.... tell them that you will be calling A LOT and that it would be great if you could get lots and lots of pictures, that way they'll probably be less annoyed if you go crazy overprotective like I do :) :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We use a pet sitter now and sometimes a house sitter, so they can stay at home were they are happy and I know they are OK. I would check out the boarding place and call references if I were you. Some of them are great and no problems, but there are those that don't follow your instruction and it's not good. See if there are pet sitters around close to you and check them out or check out a house sitter.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.