Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Panic mode is setting in!!!

I totally know what you are going through last year we went to Vegas for an extended weekend and Loki stayed with our friends we were checking in on him the whole time! Of course he was totally fine when we got home!
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Real Name
    Maia
    Country
    Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ulysses
    Likes (Received)

Oh I know how you feel. I think that we invest so much of our lives, hearts and time in these bullies that in the end we become even more dependent on them than they on us (almost ). As far as you leave him in a good place with good people he will be fine. I have not such place close to us, lots of weird so-called "dog hotels", which I have personally visited and after a glance decided my bully wasn't gonna stay there. So we gotta drive 5 hours to my in-laws every time we need to go somewhere he can't come. He always gains a little weight but I know they take good care and love him very much. Hope Bogey makes many friends and that you enjoy yourself.... tell them that you will be calling A LOT and that it would be great if you could get lots and lots of pictures, that way they'll probably be less annoyed if you go crazy overprotective like I do

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

We use a pet sitter now and sometimes a house sitter, so they can stay at home were they are happy and I know they are OK. I would check out the boarding place and call references if I were you. Some of them are great and no problems, but there are those that don't follow your instruction and it's not good. See if there are pet sitters around close to you and check them out or check out a house sitter.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We don't have any boarding places here so I have no choice in the matter. I have to take Sheldon with me because everyone I know to them he is "JUST A DOG", and won't give him the attention he is use to having or keep him on the schedule he is on, but if there were a boarding place I would check it out and if it was acceptable then I might board him.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post

What is it with these crazy animals that captivate us so much?. You KNOW in your inner self that he will be JUST FINE but you cant convince yourself of that. LIghten up, have a beer.
    Cheers!!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I think you are perfectly normal! Normal like the rest of us! We too, use a petsitter at home, but we have boarded other pets many times. He will be fine..and I bet he is soooooo happy to see you..

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

Thank you so much for the shot in the arm and kick in the arss! I know I'm being silly. This is my vets office, it is where Bogey goes to daycare occasionally, and they all love him there! One of the receptionists assures me she will take special care of him and send me pics via the phone. The guys that run the kennel are awesome and Bogey goes nuts when he sees them! Truth be told, he probably won't even know I am gone with all the attention I hope he gets! Just worry about night time. They have overnight staff that stays right there, but Bogey has not been in a crate for a few months and I just hope this does not scare him. Ugh. Here I go again. I will be fine...I can do this....Bogey will be well cared for.... Repeat!! THANKYOU all!! Hugs!
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mer55 View Post
    Thank you so much for the shot in the arm and kick in the arss! I know I'm being silly. This is my vets office, it is where Bogey goes to daycare occasionally, and they all love him there! One of the receptionists assures me she will take special care of him and send me pics via the phone. The guys that run the kennel are awesome and Bogey goes nuts when he sees them! Truth be told, he probably won't even know I am gone with all the attention I hope he gets! Just worry about night time. They have overnight staff that stays right there, but Bogey has not been in a crate for a few months and I just hope this does not scare him. Ugh. Here I go again. I will be fine...I can do this....Bogey will be well cared for.... Repeat!! THANKYOU all!! Hugs!
    You can do this!!! He will be well cared for and you'll have updates! Calm down Mom and have a good time! >HUGS<

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads