regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
Hi,

Just wanted to ask you guys whether my Bulldogs shape is correct, fat, thin or just about right.
Ah-bo is the boy (Brown and white) 8 months old and weighs 22kg.
Lily is my girl (White with dark eye patch) near 2 years old I think, weighs 22kg.

Also at the moment they are fed raw twice a day, can I feed once a day and give them a bone treat in the evening?

IMG_20130820_153656.jpgIMG_20130820_153708.jpgIMG_20130820_154219.jpgIMG_20130820_152112.jpgIMG_20130820_152615.jpg

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I dont think they are to thin -in fact they look great ,every bully is different so it is not weight but how they look its important
If you can feel they ribs but they are not visible thats great

OP
regassam

regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
I can feel Lily's ribs but not Ah-bo's, maybe its because he's still a puppy.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
They aren't thin at all. I wouldn't say they are chubby either but closer to that than thin.

Here's a picture of HRH that shows the waistline that is considered "ideal". She's a small compact bully though compared to many. She weighs 40 lbs in this picture and normally, and even 2 lbs gives her a little extra belly pouch. So even just a couple pounds can make a visible difference.

It's going to be harder to gauge on your puppy for a bit yet, but you still should be able to feel his ribs. And I even read in one place that you should be able to see the last one. Our vet wants us to keep Amy thin because of her bad hips so had us cut back on her food a couple weeks ago and start giving her vitamins. But she still gained 2 lbs in 10 days doing that. She's just going to grow I guess.

I can't comment on how often to feed raw though because we feed kibble to both our girls.

Attachments

• DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    529.2 KB · Views: 160
OP
regassam

regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
oh i should keep them like this or maybe slightly thinner?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I think they look great and def are not too thin. If you want that tuck like hrh has you could cut back a tiny bit but I would not say they are over weight either. Cutty used to look more like yours (diff body shape tho) and when he had his acl surgery the dr. Said he liked to see him thinner. Now he has that same tuck like hrh and dr. Says he is perfect so there you go. Yours r far from fat but being such a hip, knee problem with the breed keeping them as lean as possible is best for them. :) I feed kibble but I think 1 a day feelings of any kind might lead to empty stomach and throwing up.could be wrong since I don't raw feed tho.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I think they look great. Dont change a thing. They are Beautiful!!!

I agree, they look fine. However like [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] said if either develops joint issues you might want them a little thinner, but if they are healthy then you are good to go.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I think they look great!! And I'm not sure about raw feeding but I think two meals a day is ideal.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Good looking bullies! All bullies are different but I totally agree with the others that your 2 are perfect. They look great :) Keep up the good work!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I think they look great. As others have said just keep an eye on them so thwy don't get too heavy...

OP
regassam

regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
Thanks for all the good remarks guys. i tried the 1 feed a day yesterday, gave them a large meal at 7am in the morning and a small meaty bone in the evening around 6pm. This morning they were hungry as hell, even broke out into a fight over food which has never happen before. Will try this for another few days, if they start to vomit and stuff, I'll go back to twice a day.

Also Ah-bo is the young puppy 8 month, so joint issue is a concern but Lily is near 2 years old so is it the same?. She is chunky but its all solid meat, where as Ah-bo feels quite fatty. Both are the same weight at the moment at 22kg

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hi,

Just wanted to ask you guys whether my Bulldogs shape is correct, fat, thin or just about right.
Ah-bo is the boy (Brown and white) 8 months old and weighs 22kg.
Lily is my girl (White with dark eye patch) near 2 years old I think, weighs 22kg.

Also at the moment they are fed raw twice a day, can I feed once a day and give them a bone treat in the evening?

View attachment 53092View attachment 53093View attachment 53094View attachment 53095View attachment 53096

I think their weight is perfect. You don't want to see them lose the little waistline they have but they have Wilson's build. He would look too thing if he lost more than a pound, he's 2 1/2. Emma's build is a bit broader too. Sally, she has more of the waistline that Lari & Bruce girl HRH has. Any more weight on her would not be good for her due to her age.

Good looking kiddos you have there. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.