SKUNKED!!!!!

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Maya (pittbull) got sprayed by a skunk! It might not have actually got her, but it definitely sprayed in her vicinity. So we quickly googled home remedies bc all the pet stores were already closed. We did a vinegar, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, bath followed by baby bath, so far she doesn't stink anymore, but we have to see when she dries if it comes back! My house reeks though, and we have incense burning in like every room.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ugh that's awful... We had a skunk in our crawl space once. The house reeked for days...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
her face still stunk so we just re-washed that. she was not a happy girl. we didn't even get it out that well, but also heard to try mouthwash, so we just scrubbed her face and nose with it on a washcloth, and now she just smells like Listerine, well see when that dries. oy!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:sorry:Aww poor baby. You're probably going to be fine with the smell, because if you don't smell it when she's wet, then you more than likely won't smell it when she's dry, because you can usually smell odour on a dog more when they are wet. Hopefully you got it all, I heard that vinegar is good for getting out skunk odour as well, so maybe rinsing her with apple cider vinegar might help as well. Sorry I don't have any experience with skunk odour in the house, I think you just have to wait it out until it dissipates.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw i feel ya. my 2 bostons got sprayed and one was pretty bad and once its in the house its in there for like 2 weeks. :( i did a dawn, baking soda, peroxide mix which worked wonderful but i did have to do my one bostons face twice as he got sprayed pretty bad.

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
at least I know I am not alone! I am starting to worry when I go to work tomorrow that they are going to smell it on me! :pray2:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Poor Maya and Mama... I had one once get stuck in the engine compartment of my truck. It took months to get rid of that stench.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.