General help please and a bit of a Norm update

Mar 19, 2013
Country
Good old US of A
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman(RIP) & Jenkins
Things are so good with Norm. He's right in the swing of things here with us. I've been wiping wrinkles and tail pockets like a pro. We did get one ear infection but that was our learning curve and I think *knock on wood* we're more up to speed on preventing those. We went on vacation 2 weeks ago. Norm and Phoebe went to stay at my mom's. I gave mom a thorough rundown on Norm's care routine, packed his food and toys and he had a great time. But it seems like he's been a mess ever since we came home. I don't know if he was stressed or what. But I think he's got some hot spots now. It's like I get one spot sorted and then another pops up. I don't know if he got into something at my mom's or if they weren't as strict as they should have been with the snacks etc. He's pretty hard to resist. Buuuut....it's also been so wet and rainy here this summer that he can't go out to potty without getting wet up to his knees.
I need a recommend please, pretty please of a good medicated shampoo that I can use to help dry these spots out and hopefully save me from spending a small fortune at the vet. Can I get something good at PetsMart or a groomers?? Or do I NEED something prescription from the vet?
Thanks so much in advance. This forum has been invaluable to us.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well if it is a hot spot then I would cut the hair around it as close as you can get it. I use hair clippers when I have to do it, then just wash the area with antibacterial soap and keep it dry, that should help with that. Hope he gets back to normal soon. Most people don't understand how important it is to keep them on their regular food and snacks.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Well if it is a hot spot then I would cut the hair around it as close as you can get it. I use hair clippers when I have to do it, then just wash the area with antibacterial soap and keep it dry, that should help with that. Hope he gets back to normal soon. Most people don't understand how important it is to keep them on their regular food and snacks.

David is right, unless you know and understand bullies, you just don't get it.
When dog sitting for Aaron's ex GF's bully, Bruzer and before I knew about
them, I would give him a bite of stuff (not junk food) that I thought was good
for him then watched in horror as he got pink & hivey...I felt terrible! So, you
must tell them ABSOLUTELY NO EXTRAS and describe consequences to them.

Good luck w/hot spots, let us know~he's on my prayer list as are y'all~GOD bless

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.