Update/bad mommy

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
Well heres a quick update on my Rebel he does have a slight ear infection, why? because i was a bad mommy, i wasnt putting cotton balls in his ears when it was bath time and the vet said that was most likely the cause, i wont be doing that any more, POOR BABY:ashamed:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
It could be that but really, don't be too hard on yourself - it could be anything. I had one ear infection prone bully and, if I looked at him the wrong way, he got an ear infection!

Once you start using the cotton balls, keep a close eye on things because if the ear infection is chronic, it might be allergies.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I agree it could be anything, the way Bacon's ears are we can't get them to stay in when he gets a bath so we are just careful to not get water in there.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki normally shakes out his cotton balls too. I try my very best to keep them in there but sometimes he doesn't want it so it's Lokis way or no way. Hopefully meds will help it clear up soon!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I never knew you had to do this. Thanks for posting.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I didn't know about the cotton balls in the ears I will do this in the future when bathing Shelly Bean. I have an ear flush the vet gave us and I use it after bath time. Am I doing it wrong? Should I be doing the ear flush first then bathing?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i dont put cotton balls in sarahs ears and ive never had a problem. of course i dont bath sarahs head when im bathing her i do that seperate if needed otherwise i leave well enough alone. [MENTION=8610]Jennifer Clark[/MENTION] you can do the ears after the bath if you want then make sure they are dry.

Mar 19, 2013
Country
Good old US of A
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman(RIP) & Jenkins
I have the ear wash for the ears. It's a drying agent so it's good for after bath to make sure the ears dry completely.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I have the ear wash for the ears. It's a drying agent so it's good for after bath to make sure the ears dry completely.
yeah I think this does too I went and got it after I posted so I could read on it and it says it has a drying agent in it so I will continue to use it like I have been because it doesn't seem to hurt Sheldon to be doing it. I also use baby wipes on the outer part of his ear to get the gunky stuff there and I make sure I get them completely clean he doesn't like it but he lets me do it.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.