Real Name
    Amber
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gus
    Likes (Received)

Default Talk Me Down!

I'm standing on a cliff, here! Gus is only 6 months old and we have a 3 month old human baby, too!! My friend says two young dogs is easier than one... Truth, or fiction?!?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Talk Me Down!

@JeannieCO, @cali baker hmmmm I know there are others with experience here. Afraid I can't help you though. We have an adult and a puppy and it was MUCH easier with just the adult. Even though she has helped with the puppy. But we are "cough" old...so don't quite have the energy to handle puppy enthusiasm like in years gone by.

Real Name
    Tasha
    Country
    Wales
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meeko
    Likes (Received)

I have a 14 month old baby and a 13 month old bully... ive had them both together since the skin baby was about 12 weeks old and I will warn you... it gets harder before it gets easier and thats with just 1 young bully. When the skin baby starts crawling and walking etc you need eyes everywhere. Poor meeko takes a lot of crap from Demari and has the patience of a saint with him.. but its not easy when Demari has now taught him people food tastes nice and Meeko sits n scabs.. or Demari decides meekos biscuits look nice and joins him in eating them.. or snatches the toys from meeko or... well theres a long list of things lol. Im just giving you the heads up with 1:1 it gets tricky and I couldnt imagine 2:1 bullys at the moment!!
    Xx.Demari-Jay & Meeko.xX

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I have two male bullies but no human child, and I'm quite exhausted! I had Tate first, then along came Finn about 4months later. Tate by then was 6mos old and Finn was 4mos old. They had an adjustment period b/c Finn's temperament is more high strung and he likes to be the boss, whereas Tate is very fun loving and easy going. Finn just wouldn't take any crap from Tate and there were, and still are, fights between the two of them (they're both now around 2.5yo). It has definitely gotten better/easier but two can be a handful for me, but I am the only parent so having a partner/spouse will be very helpful, i'm sure. I love having two however b/c they play together and keep each other company, and I love watching them interact with one another; plus, they're my boys and I couldn't imagine life w/out the both of them.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Well I always say everyone needs more than one bully, but with your 3 month old skin kid, it will be a lot of work on your part, but I think we'll worth in in the end.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Amber
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gus
    Likes (Received)

My hubby reminded me that we are going to be traveling several times in the next few months, looking to move out of state, so it's not practical right now. Thanks for all the responses, definitely lots of things to consider! I am definitely planning on getting another bulldog, just probably not till after the big move. :-)

Remove Ads