Talk Me Down!

GusBus

Apr 21, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
I'm standing on a cliff, here! Gus is only 6 months old and we have a 3 month old human baby, too!! My friend says two young dogs is easier than one... Truth, or fiction?!?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 38

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] hmmmm I know there are others with experience here. Afraid I can't help you though. We have an adult and a puppy and it was MUCH easier with just the adult. Even though she has helped with the puppy. But we are "cough" old...so don't quite have the energy to handle puppy enthusiasm like in years gone by.

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I have a 14 month old baby and a 13 month old bully... ive had them both together since the skin baby was about 12 weeks old and I will warn you... it gets harder before it gets easier and thats with just 1 young bully. When the skin baby starts crawling and walking etc you need eyes everywhere. Poor meeko takes a lot of crap from Demari and has the patience of a saint with him.. but its not easy when Demari has now taught him people food tastes nice and Meeko sits n scabs.. or Demari decides meekos biscuits look nice and joins him in eating them.. or snatches the toys from meeko or... well theres a long list of things lol. Im just giving you the heads up with 1:1 it gets tricky and I couldnt imagine 2:1 bullys at the moment!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I have two male bullies but no human child, and I'm quite exhausted:whew:! I had Tate first, then along came Finn about 4months later. Tate by then was 6mos old and Finn was 4mos old. They had an adjustment period b/c Finn's temperament is more high strung and he likes to be the boss, whereas Tate is very fun loving and easy going. Finn just wouldn't take any crap from Tate and there were, and still are, fights between the two of them (they're both now around 2.5yo). It has definitely gotten better/easier but two can be a handful for me, but I am the only parent so having a partner/spouse will be very helpful, i'm sure. I love having two however b/c they play together and keep each other company, and I love watching them interact with one another; plus, they're my boys and I couldn't imagine life w/out the both of them.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well I always say everyone needs more than one bully, but with your 3 month old skin kid, it will be a lot of work on your part, but I think we'll worth in in the end.

OP
GusBus

GusBus

Apr 21, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
My hubby reminded me that we are going to be traveling several times in the next few months, looking to move out of state, so it's not practical right now. Thanks for all the responses, definitely lots of things to consider! I am definitely planning on getting another bulldog, just probably not till after the big move. :-)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.