Behavior when not together

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Hey guys I'm curious how your bullys act when they are not together. When duke and duchess are together they are rambunctious and play till they can't hold their heads up. Duke is fearless and him and duchess are always close together. When I take duke to puppy class and duchess isn't around he is so much more reserved and reluctant to break out of his shell. Do any of your bully's act this way? Is there something I can do to not encourage this behavior? I don't want it to be an issue later on in life that duke is dependent on duchess. Or maybe it nothing I mean duke is only 5.5 months. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Do they ever show calm, submissive behavior when they're together?

Does the play go on so that you must separate them?

I do most things with my dogs together but there are times when I do things separately with them. "Just us girls" go to Home Depot. Just me and the boy go for a long, vigorous walk -- because Bea likes to plod along when we walk as a pack. They each seem to recognize the "specialness" of this one on one attention.

At the end of it all, the pack must come back together and be calm, submissive when they do. It can't always be a play party. LOL

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Do they ever show calm, submissive behavior when they're together?

Does the play go on so that you must separate them?

I do most things with my dogs together but there are times when I do things separately with them. "Just us girls" go to Home Depot. Just me and the boy go for a long, vigorous walk -- because Bea likes to plod along when we walk as a pack. They each seem to recognize the "specialness" of this one on one attention.

At the end of it all, the pack must come back together and be calm, submissive when they do. It can't always be a play party. LOL

they definately play calm at times and will lay with eachother and rest. My concern is duke seems dependent or unsure when duchess isn't around & I do take them places seperatly and for walks seperatly. I'm sure duke will grow out of it.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Couple pics of them being gentle and relaxing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    865.4 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    828.7 KB · Views: 41

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I would just continue to do that --- take them places together --- and separately.

That way, Duke can "practice" knowing that when you and Duchess leave, you always come back.

Members online

No members online now.