Audrey needs paw circles and prayers

craig827

Apr 16, 2012
NW Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey & Cooper
Asking everyone to keep Audrey in their thoughts. A tumor was found below her anal glands this morning and due to her age (13 years 5 months) her doctor said surgery would be too dangerous. She is not in any pain now but her prognosis is grim. Difficult decisions will have to be made in the next few months.

1175073_10200298736861574_543658540_n.jpg

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
hugsssssssss...so sorry to hear such saddening news..........Audrey will be in my prayers!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am so sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
So so sorry to hear that. Keeping Audrey in my thoughts and prayers hoping she beats all odds! Wow 13 years is a great age.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so very sorry to hear about Audrey... Praying for all of you! :pray:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
So sorry to hear the sad news about Audrey! I'll be thinking of you and Audrey!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww I'm so sorry for Audrey and for what you must be going through with worry for Audrey's future. I lost my Jack Russell Oreo almost 3 years ago at the age of 14, and she was diagnosed with cancer 2 years before she died. I was also faced with the future options and decisions of what we would do as she got older and sicker. The vet told us the same thing she wasn't in any pain, and she wasn't suffering. We decided to keep her with us until we had no other choice to make a decision, as long as she didn't have pain, wasn't suffering, and had quality of life, the vet said she could live with cancer for a while just like a person can. She slept a lot, she was an old girl after all, but she still got excited to go outside and greeted us with her little wiggly butt, and sometimes still liked to play, although not too much, her appetite was less, but she did eat, we had always fed her Go Natural kibble, but switched to a wet food to make it easier for her. She got to the point where we had to think about letting her go, she developed an ulcerated sore on her face, and it wouldn't heal, her back end and legs were wasting away, and she couldn't go up the stairs anymore. we were going to take her to the vet to have her put down after the weekend, but on the Saturday morning before we woke up and I went into the kitchen, I saw her in her crate, and she didn't get up like she usually did, I said her name, and she didn't move, I knew she had gone, but couldn't bear to see her. I called to my husband and asked him to come down, I told him I thought Oreo was gone, he said no she's sleeping, but when he checked he said she was gone. We wrapped her in a towel, and he carried her down to the river, way down the trail where we used to walk, dug a hole under a tree that was off the trail in the woody area, and buried her under the tree. We figured why take her to the vet when she was already gone, and they would cremate her, this way she was where she loved to walk. We never had to make that decision, as she went in her sleep, and hopefully peacefully. I wish I could have held her, talked to her before she died, but I hope she didn't feel it and just slept in. I don't know if we made the right decision, by keeping her with us, but she did seem happy, and not in pain, and if I thought she was suffering I would have made the decision of what was best for her, and I would have put her down at the vet when I took her there, but in the end didn't have to make that heart wrenching decision. I know Audrey is happy with you, and she feels loved and you love her, and when the time comes you and your family along with your vet will make the best decision for her, and what is best for her, and you'll make it with love for her. Audrey can live with cancer and be okay, and I pray that you have more quality time with Audrey. Sending love hugs and prayers to Audrey and your family. Please keep us posted on how she's doing, and if you need to reach out to any of us, to vent or talk, or even cry, we are all here for you. Take care Hun

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I am so sorry for your sad news of Aubrey, prayers and thoughts are sent your way for both of you

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Prayers, hugs, and positive thoughts to you Audrey and your family. Please keep us posted on her and we are her to help support you during this difficult time.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.