Does your pup chase "ghost" frogs, bugs,etc?

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I say it is a problem because my dog is obsessed with it. A frog once got behind the a/c unit so now I have to put up a fence and chairs. everytime he sees mud he runs after it like it is a frog. Lizards on the fence he chases straight to the fence, almost running through it to catch them. I heard on other threads, ecspecially about playing with lazer lights that it cause health problems because they can never "catch" the lazer. Sometimes I cant even get him inside the house because he is running up and down the fence line trying to catch the ghost.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yep. Same thing here. Frogs, cats, opossum, bugs, leaves and all other kinds of stuff. Of it moves Harlea is gonna go after it. If it has gone in hiding she will search for it for awhile then go back to chomping on grass.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Oh yeah! ALL my dogs are obsessed with toads/frogs! If they find one, I have to catch it and while they are stilling looking in the last place it was-I take it somewhere and let it go. I can't let them see me do it.... crickets, ants,grasshoppers,locusts-you name it!

Angie1969

Apr 5, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Taz
Yes, Taz chases flies, all over the yard! If they land on the wall he's up there too!

Angie1969

Apr 5, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Taz
Try this, when the sun is shining in your home have something shiny under it and aim to the ceiling, watch the want to chase it and bark at it. It's quite funny if he'll go for it!.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If it moves, shines or flies... it is chased

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon chases a ghost squirrel he had a squirrel sit in a tree and chatter at him one day and now he thinks the squirrel is perpetually in the tree he tries to climb the tree almost every time we go potty.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bo likes to chase "the shiny" that happens in the late afternoon when the sun hits the glass of the screen door that leads to the dog's yard. He can be obsessive about it and I don't want that. Because of how he is, we don't play with lasers. I feel I'd be feeding a fire. LOL

I also notice that he's more prone to chasing a shiny if he needs exercise - mental/physical. When we've had a nice big outing and they're both tired from all the activity, he's less FAR LESS likely to be interested in "the shiny".

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.