Saving Ellie

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Today went well. Ellie was so well behaved at the Pet Wellness Expo. I had left my phone at home so I didn't get any pics :( the had one of the Jail Deputies acting as a photographer so I'm going to see if he got any pics of her. Since, Ellie was so good, the local humane society gave her a free micro - chip :). Now all my fur babies are chipped. I also told them I was going to get her fixed because it was too much of a risk for her to have puppies. And they gave me a certificate to give to MY vet to have it done for $70. They were so nice and really liked Ellie.
Well that is fantastic, Ellie is one special girl, and you guy a just great there is no way she could where she is today without you guys. :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I believe Ellie is finally starting to be her true self. She loves to cuddle and is so sweet and loving. She is really great. And now that we have the new medicine the skin and hair on the back of her neck is better.
dyjaqede.jpg

y4yzutyd.jpg

This is how My husband now watches the races
ahyhany3.jpg
Peyton ( my oldest step daughter )
and Ellie
duma7yme.jpg
Ellie blinked lol

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Adore these family pics, I can't believe this is the same bully girl!

Jenney, I hope you know what an amazing job you've done here,
just awesome, Honey. GOD is well pleased with you, his beautiful
child...bless you & yours forevermore, wonderful family & home<3

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I believe Ellie is finally starting to be her true self. She loves to cuddle and is so sweet and loving. She is really great. And now that we have the new medicine the skin and hair on the back of her neck is better.
dyjaqede.jpg

y4yzutyd.jpg

This is how My husband now watches the races
ahyhany3.jpg
Peyton ( my oldest step daughter )
and Ellie
duma7yme.jpg
Ellie blinked lol

WOOHOO!!! Awesome, just awesome!

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Adore these family pics, I can't believe this is the same bully girl!

Jenney, I hope you know what an amazing job you've done here,
just awesome, Honey. GOD is well pleased with you, his beautiful
child...bless you & yours forevermore, wonderful family & home<3

Ellie is a blessing to our family. She has taught our entire family patience and my kids compassion. They know her story that she came from a bad home. That she just needs love, time and proper care to be the perfect baby :). The kids really like her because she is so sweet and gentle and just likes to cuddle. Very girly :)

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Oh gosh, I totally forgot about this until just now. Today, we were out in the garage and Ellie stepped in some pink grease. She just froze mid step, it was so funny. Her look was "ewwwww- get if off - it's gross!!!!!"
My husband was just trying not to fall over laughing. She would not put her foot down or take a step. He had to carry in her the house and wash her foot. I was cracking up. She is so girly

Last edited:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh gosh, I totally forgot about this until just now. Today, we were out in the garage and Ellie stepped in some pink grease. She just froze mid step, it was so funny. Her look was "ewwwww- get if off - it's gross!!!!!"
My husband was just trying not to fall over laughing. She would not put her foot down or take a step. He had to carry in her the house and wash her foot. I was cracking up. She is so girly

Priceless!!! :rofl:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I love the pic where she is looking up at your husband I love them all but that's my favorite such a beautiful girl you got there! Love reading the updates and seeing the pics and how great she looks compared to that very first pic. You and your family are amazing in what y'all have done with her!

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I just love hearing all these updates. It's kismet!

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
What joy to look at those pics. Such a happy gorgeous Bully girl loved by her beautiful family.

- - - Updated - - -

What joy to look at those pics. Such a happy gorgeous Bully girl loved by her beautiful family.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
This is a vent/upset post: some language involved :

My mother in law who hates- made the comment to my husband today, " she spends more on those damn dogs then she does the kids"

Excuse me: all 3 of my girls are in dance - I spend $300 a month on dance tuition. Peyton just got $500 in shoes and costumes. Tanner just got $150 I'm costumes and Cate just got $100 in costumes. The older ones have all the name brand clothes and shoes they want. And Peyton just had her hair colored. Which is what I think brought this on. She hates Peyton's hair and said she looks like a whore and that I better get it fixed. Cate has tons of toys, clothes and shoes and our girls go to a private performing arts school. They all have I pad minis and iPods.

So, I get pissed. And blew the "f" up. Which takes a lot for me to get to that point. I told her I spend more money on those girls. They get more stuff then what any other kids get. They are spoiled but respectful and I expect nothing but the best from them.

It's not her damn place to tell me what to do with my kids skin or fur. (Yes they are my step kids but I have had them full time since they were 1 and 4) so when I was 19 ( I'm 27 now) their mom signed legal documents giving my husband and I legal custody and rights to them.

And yes I do spend a LOT on Ellie and Jagger. They too need proper care. And in this house they are not just "dogs" they are family members.

At first I was so mad, she has been sending nasty texts that I care more about those nasty dogs, that my marriage isn't going to last and that I am a horrible mother. Now I think I'm just upset that she is just so cruel and evil. She doesn't see how much the girls love Ellie and Jagger. All the things they learn from them; love, compassion and most of all responsibility and sacrifice.

I told her a few weeks ago I no longer wanted to talk to her that I didn't need her in my or my kids lives. This just confirms it.

Sorry for the long post for anyone who reads it.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
What does your husband say? You have every right to be angry over the mental abuse heaped on you by a woman who has no idea what or how you spend your money. I feel your pain as I too had a nasty mother in law until she finally got to see what I dealt with every single day.

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Awwww Jennye! Love this story! So glad you were there for Ellie and that you and Jagger are giving her a forever home. Her sad face ripped at my heart...glad there is happy ending!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog

My mother in law who hates- made the comment to my husband today, " she spends more on those damn dogs then she does the kids"

Excuse me: all 3 of my girls are in dance - I spend $300 a month on dance tuition. Peyton just got $500 in shoes and costumes. Tanner just got $150 I'm costumes and Cate just got $100 in costumes. The older ones have all the name brand clothes and shoes they want. And Peyton just had her hair colored. Which is what I think brought this on. She hates Peyton's hair and said she looks like a whore and that I better get it fixed. Cate has tons of toys, clothes and shoes and our girls go to a private performing arts school. They all have I pad minis and iPods.

So, I get pissed. And blew the "f" up. Which takes a lot for me to get to that point. I told her I spend more money on those girls. They get more stuff then what any other kids get. They are spoiled but respectful and I expect nothing but the best from them.

It's not her damn place to tell me what to do with my kids skin or fur. (Yes they are my step kids but I have had them full time since they were 1 and 4) so when I was 19 ( I'm 27 now) their mom signed legal documents giving my husband and I legal custody and rights to them.

And yes I do spend a LOT on Ellie and Jagger. They too need proper care. And in this house they are not just "dogs" they are family members.

At first I was so mad, she has been sending nasty texts that I care more about those nasty dogs, that my marriage isn't going to last and that I am a horrible mother. Now I think I'm just upset that she is just so cruel and evil. She doesn't see how much the girls love Ellie and Jagger. All the things they learn from them; love, compassion and most of all responsibility and sacrifice.

I told her a few weeks ago I no longer wanted to talk to her that I didn't need her in my or my kids lives. This just confirms it.

What a sad and pathetic person your MIL is. Too bad for her. Does your husband stay out of it? She has no right to say anything to you about how you are raising your kids fur or skin. They all are loved, have enough to eat, get attention and have a roof over their heads. All the rest is just details.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Seriously?? Has she nothing in her own life that she needs to ensure you are just as miserable as she is!? Sounds to that she is jealous of the life you and your husband are able to have and she doesn't. My sister goes through the same thing with her MIL, crazy a$$ beeotch

Most Reactions