Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I love this post, hearing how Ellie protected Cate and how she went
about it just touched me deeply.

I LOVE BULLIES.

Cate loves Ellie. Says Ellie is her baby lol. Because that is what I say. Jagger is Cate's shadow but Ellie is her protector. Ellie has a very good mother and guardian instinct. It's like she needs something to watch over. Cate really likes it. I'll have to get some pictures of how Cate bear hugs Ellie and lays on her and how they sleep together. Cate is sick right now so Ellie and Jagger are both in my room so she can rest without them trying to "comfort" her. Ther idea of comfort is to literally smother you with kisses and lay on you. :)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I love reading all the updates about Cate Ellie and Jagger

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Ellie has been doing really well. Finally, going to get this skin thing under control.
My Gran (great grandma). Gave me a recipe for homemade wipes she always made when her kids were little. Said she used them on sores, scrapes, anything itchy and my great uncle's arms because he was allergic to the peanut fields he worked in.

It's paper towels cut into squares. ( I left them attached and folded them like wipes)

In a tea jug she mixed 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol and then filled the jug with water until it was half full. Gran never uses real measurements. She just "eye balls" everything.

Put the cut paper towels in a ziplock bag and poured the water mix over them so they were all wet, not dripping.

I've been using these on Ellie's wrinkles for about 3 days and they look amazing. Even her tear stains are starting to lighten.

I asked her where this came from. She said it's just something her family always used she doesn't really know.

It's super easy and way cheaper than the wipes at the pet store. I asked my vet if it was okay that I use them on Ellie's face. He said as long as I didn't get it in her eyes it was fine. Said is actually a good mix.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie has been doing really well. Finally, going to get this skin thing under control.
My Gran (great grandma). Gave me a recipe for homemade wipes she always made when her kids were little. Said she used them on sores, scrapes, anything itchy and my great uncle's arms because he was allergic to the peanut fields he worked in.

It's paper towels cut into squares. ( I left them attached and folded them like wipes)

In a tea jug she mixed 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol and then filled the jug with water until it was half full. Gran never uses real measurements. She just "eye balls" everything.

Put the cut paper towels in a ziplock bag and poured the water mix over them so they were all wet, not dripping.

I've been using these on Ellie's wrinkles for about 3 days and they look amazing. Even her tear stains are starting to lighten.

I asked her where this came from. She said it's just something her family always used she doesn't really know.

It's super easy and way cheaper than the wipes at the pet store. I asked my vet if it was okay that I use them on Ellie's face. He said as long as I didn't get it in her eyes it was fine. Said is actually a good mix.

Thank you going to give this a try

being a bulldog Mom ROCKS!!!

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Ellie had lots of love and playtime tonight.

DSCF4496.jpgDSCF4498.jpgDSCF4499.jpgDSCF4503.jpgDSCF4505.jpgDSCF4506.jpgDSCF4507.jpgDSCF4509.jpgDSCF4510.jpgDSCF4533.jpg

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Awe look at those two beautiful bullies!!!

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
They had so much fun. And Ellie is looking so much better. In these pics her face is VERY dirty and pink. We had just played in the back yard and dug up some bulbs.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
She still looks wonderful its the happiness.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
She still looks wonderful its the happiness.

She's not happy right now!! I just gave her a bath :). She goes in the morning to the Sheriff's Office and is going to help with the Pet Wellness Expo.

They are using her and her story for proper research of a breed and care.

Last edited:

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Mommy has treats!!!!
y8aqe2as.jpg

What an amazing journey, I had not read it all before today but it has made my cry and smile, thank god she found you and you found her, I don't understand why she had so many homes in her short life before she found you and your family, I don't know how people can just give up on the animals. She looks so happy, they are both beautiful looking bullies :-)

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
What an amazing journey, I had not read it all before today but it has made my cry and smile, thank god she found you and you found her, I don't understand why she had so many homes in her short life before she found you and your family, I don't know how people can just give up on the animals. She looks so happy, they are both beautiful looking bullies :-)

I knew when I first saw her she had a good heart and just needed love. She always wants to please and be loved on. She just needed the right family to do it. She is so sweet. I know why they no longer wanted her. It was because of her skin afflictions. Ellie did not have proper vet care that is why they never knew she had mange and why her skin was never well.

I love her to death and wouldn't trade her for the world.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
She's not happy right now!! I just gave her a bath :). She goes in the morning to the Sheriff's Office and is going to help with the Pet Wellness Expo.

They are using her and her story for proper research of a breed and care.
That is WONDERFUL!!!! So happy her story might help other babies!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She goes in the morning to the Sheriff's Office and is going to help with the Pet Wellness Expo. They are using her and her story for proper research of a breed and care.

So totally cool.... let us know how she does and pictures PLEASE!!

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Today went well. Ellie was so well behaved at the Pet Wellness Expo. I had left my phone at home so I didn't get any pics :( the had one of the Jail Deputies acting as a photographer so I'm going to see if he got any pics of her. Since, Ellie was so good, the local humane society gave her a free micro - chip :). Now all my fur babies are chipped. I also told them I was going to get her fixed because it was too much of a risk for her to have puppies. And they gave me a certificate to give to MY vet to have it done for $70. They were so nice and really liked Ellie.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I really really hope he got some pics with her in them! Ellie's story is so inspiring as well as the journey.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.