Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon does that occasionally he will have a bit of a limp but then it seems to work itself out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I don't think this is anything major - but it's quite noticeable and she has never limped before. It hasn't stopped her from running, tackling Jagger( with me yelling for her to stop) and jumping in the middle of my hubby's stomach while he was sleeping in bed.

I'm still taking her Sunday just get checked out and hopefully get some help with her face. I go forward and inch them back a mile. Her wrinkles and under her chin get so red and raw looking. I clean them everyday with the wash from the vet and have even used diaper cream. It helps for a while but I need a lasting way to care for her face.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Her potassium level might be low

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Paint party was a success and fun :)
5ujureha.jpg
zyha4y8y.jpg
2y6uteqe.jpg
aja7aput.jpg

LOVE THESE .... what a wonderful site to see this --- so darn cute, both of them

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Her potassium level might be low

I had read things that might cause limping and there are like a million and one - so that's why we are keeping our appointment on Sunday

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I had read things that might cause limping and there are like a million and one - so that's why we are keeping our appointment on Sunday

Good choice

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Good idea, I love all the updates too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Good idea, I love all the updates too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I think this forum is my way of venting and to give me a feeling of security in the choices I make. There are so many caring people with advice or just support. No one in the area where I live really have bulldogs and it's not easy to find a vet that is knowledgeable. I searched for mine. And being here helps with a lot of questions and second guessing.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think this forum is my way of venting and to give me a feeling of security in the choices I make. There are so many caring people with advice or just support. No one in the area where I live really have bulldogs and it's not easy to find a vet that is knowledgeable. I searched for mine. And being here helps with a lot of questions and second guessing.

Yes it is amazing the strength you can find from our friends here, they sure make everything easier to get through, especially when feeling alone! Love my EBN family!!! :luv:

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes it is amazing the strength you can find from our friends here, they sure make everything easier to get through, especially when feeling alone! Love my EBN family!!! :luv:

They definitely make things easier the support and love received on here is amazing. Y'all are my extended family!

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Ellie is well. Vet said that her legs seems fine. That he thinks it was hyper-extended ( stretched too far). Only way his could have happened I feel was with the new groomer :( so I have called them and told them what happened and that I will no longer need their services. So on the search for another one.

Ellie has definitely settled into the protector role. My middle step daughter, Tanner (9) came home from 3 days with her biological mom. It's a long twisted story my step kids called me Mom and their biological they call by her name.

Anyway she was very sick fever of 102 and just down and out. Had been in bed all day. Ellie stayed in bed with her he entire time. That afternoon Tanner was complaining Ellie was bugging her in bed. I go in to get Ellie and check on Tanner. Tanner is burning up and bright red. I take her temp. 104.2!!!!! So, I load her up and go to the ER. 4 hours later antibiotics and a few other meds. We get home Ellie is still in Tanner's bed waiting.

I think Ellie was "bugging" her to get her up or to get me in there. Ellie slept with her all night last night, only getting up for me to take her out. I had to get up and give Tanner meds every 3 hours, so Ellie is now passed out in my office trying to recover I think.

Ellie was a rescue but I think she came to us for a reason. It's almost like she needs a family to look after and protect. She is very good at it. And to see how happy she is when she's in our bed or just trying to be a 45lb lap baby. She is for sure at her forever home.

I was not looking for Ellie when I found her. But I don't think you ever really "look" for the good things that happen in life.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a wonderful post! So hope Tanner is doing better and I believe as you do.... the good things happen when you are not lookig.. So happy you have Ellie and she has all of you.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie is well. Vet said that her legs seems fine. That he thinks it was hyper-extended ( stretched too far). Only way his could have happened I feel was with the new groomer :( so I have called them and told them what happened and that I will no longer need their services. So on the search for another one.

Ellie has definitely settled into the protector role. My middle step daughter, Tanner (9) came home from 3 days with her biological mom. It's a long twisted story my step kids called me Mom and their biological they call by her name.

Anyway she was very sick fever of 102 and just down and out. Had been in bed all day. Ellie stayed in bed with her he entire time. That afternoon Tanner was complaining Ellie was bugging her in bed. I go in to get Ellie and check on Tanner. Tanner is burning up and bright red. I take her temp. 104.2!!!!! So, I load her up and go to the ER. 4 hours later antibiotics and a few other meds. We get home Ellie is still in Tanner's bed waiting.

I think Ellie was "bugging" her to get her up or to get me in there. Ellie slept with her all night last night, only getting up for me to take her out. I had to get up and give Tanner meds every 3 hours, so Ellie is now passed out in my office trying to recover I think.

Ellie was a rescue but I think she came to us for a reason. It's almost like she needs a family to look after and protect. She is very good at it. And to see how happy she is when she's in our bed or just trying to be a 45lb lap baby. She is for sure at her forever home.

I was not looking for Ellie when I found her. But I don't think you ever really "look" for the good things that happen in life.

Oh wow!!! I definitely think she knew something was terribly wrong they have an uncanny sense that way. My Sheldon did the same for me. I had a break down and took an overdose , the last thing I remember is Sheldon crying very loudly turns out he walked back and forth crying as loud as he could till my husband came to see what upset him and found me got me to the hospital in time now if I'm alone with him in the bedroom if he isn't on the bed with me I have to answer him every hour or so otherwise he goes nuts trying to get on the bed!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Ellie is so funny - the messy lump of blankets is Ellie. She is hiding - I'm watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the old one) don't know if it's the music or voices, she hid and is chewing on her bone lol
vyza5y5a.jpg

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie is so funny - the messy lump of blankets is Ellie. She is hiding - I'm watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the old one) don't know if it's the music or voices, she hid and is chewing on her bone lol
vyza5y5a.jpg

Awe LOL she is hiding from the monsters Mommy

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.