Saving Ellie

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
wow, how scarey!! Good thing Ellie was barking and going nuts!! I think she deserves some extra treats for that. So glad you were able to get these scumbags off the street!!

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Wow, sorry to hear that! What about a lock on the gate door? we did that at our old place when we had our dane, more for the fact that she would try and use her nose to lift the latch but it would also deter anyone from opening your gate!

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Wow, sorry to hear that! What about a lock on the gate door? we did that at our old place when we had our dane, more for the fact that she would try and use her nose to lift the latch but it would also deter anyone from opening your gate!

That is what we did after our whole fiasco. We normally don't put a lock on that gate cause the kids play house and swing are in the side yard. They go from the side yard to the pool in the back, so we had never locked it. Now it's locked every evening and I unlock it once the kids get home from school the next day.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Oh the drama!!!!!! :( last week someone tried to steal Ellie and Jagger out of the backyard thinking they were a breeding pair.... Ellie and Jagger get 20 min. Every morning to just romp and stomp in the back yard while I get their morning food ready. We have a very well fenced back yard with privacy fence. I hear Ellie just barking and having a fit. Someone had opened the side gate and was trying to call them to the road!!!! Little did these idiots know Ellie is very protective of her house and Jagger was freaked out trying to get in the back door. So, I yell " stop or I'll shoot!!!" ( didn't really have a gun just what hubby told me to say if I even wanted anyone to stop.) Then called 911. Also, these idiots didn't realize that my husband is an officer, so the dispatcher and all officers on duty knew it was my house as soon as they heard the address, so there were 3 squad cars before I could hang up. This couple claimed Ellie and Jagger were out and they were trying to get them in the fence. Please!!! Mr. Ray who is animal control and a good friend also showed up. Turns out this couple had been stealing pets and claiming rewards or posting on Craigslist for money!!!! They were both arrested. And I pressed charged for attempted burglary. I am thankful Ellie is protective, she probably scared them away. Also, that Jagger is a Momma's boy and knows where he belongs. My husband thinks these people had watched us and knew I had them both. He said they probably watched me take them out in the front yard and for walks. He said that is the only way they could have know Ellie and Jagger were in the back for that exact 20 min. Cause I do this every morning about 6am then we go for a walk. So, now no more romp and stomp time in the morning, they just get let out to potty, have breakfast and we go for our walk. Sad I can't even let them at in the backyard anymore :(

Good Girl Ellie for letting Mommy know someone was in your yard. That is so scary! So glad your hubby is an officer and you got help quickly and YAY!!!! They got arrested and YOU GO GIRL!!! I'd press charges too!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Oh the drama!!!!!! :( last week someone tried to steal Ellie and Jagger out of the backyard thinking they were a breeding pair.... Ellie and Jagger get 20 min. Every morning to just romp and stomp in the back yard while I get their morning food ready. We have a very well fenced back yard with privacy fence. I hear Ellie just barking and having a fit. Someone had opened the side gate and was trying to call them to the road!!!! Little did these idiots know Ellie is very protective of her house and Jagger was freaked out trying to get in the back door. So, I yell " stop or I'll shoot!!!" ( didn't really have a gun just what hubby told me to say if I even wanted anyone to stop.) Then called 911. Also, these idiots didn't realize that my husband is an officer, so the dispatcher and all officers on duty knew it was my house as soon as they heard the address, so there were 3 squad cars before I could hang up. This couple claimed Ellie and Jagger were out and they were trying to get them in the fence. Please!!! Mr. Ray who is animal control and a good friend also showed up. Turns out this couple had been stealing pets and claiming rewards or posting on Craigslist for money!!!! They were both arrested. And I pressed charged for attempted burglary. I am thankful Ellie is protective, she probably scared them away. Also, that Jagger is a Momma's boy and knows where he belongs. My husband thinks these people had watched us and knew I had them both. He said they probably watched me take them out in the front yard and for walks. He said that is the only way they could have know Ellie and Jagger were in the back for that exact 20 min. Cause I do this every morning about 6am then we go for a walk. So, now no more romp and stomp time in the morning, they just get let out to potty, have breakfast and we go for our walk. Sad I can't even let them at in the backyard anymore :(

WOW so scary!!! So glad they were arrested! And so happy that both Ellie and Jagger didn't go to them! This is literally my biggest fear!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

HOLY WOW... that is so great the pups stopped them and you were able to get them arrested!

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
HOLY WOW... that is so great the pups stopped them and you were able to get them arrested!

Yes my babies did well. But the creeps can only be charged with trespassing because there isn't "proof" that my side gate wasn't open :( I'm hoping they will stay away and not try to come back and do anything to me or the fur babies.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
All else is well is our crazy circus we call our life :)

Ellie and Jagger taking a nap
yva3a3ar.jpg

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
ne4agemy.jpg

Ellie is doing really well!!!! Her and Jagger are always into something it seems like. They make quite the pair :)

ja5u7epy.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ne4agemy.jpg

Ellie is doing really well!!!! Her and Jagger are always into something it seems like. They make quite the pair :)

ja5u7epy.jpg

so awesome to hear and see they are both doing so well together.... Great work

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Precious little things!! They are both such sweeties!!

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Precious little things!! They are both such sweeties!!

Yes, these two hold VERY special places in my heart. Jagger is Cate's playmate and brother. Ellie is her protector. Cate is learning to be compassionate, patient and responsibility from them. And a new kind of love.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I had Ellie groomed today; a good brushing of her teeth and toe nails done. And she LOVED it!!!!
I had a mobile groomer come. I will NOT go drop them off somewhere for hours. Not going to happen.

Ellie was the picture of perfection getting groomed. Jagger not so much :(. He was a brat and was trying to lick the groomer and chew on anything she put down.

I was so proud of Ellie. She now trusts me so much. I walked her to the van and went in for a few minutes to make sure she was ok. When they were all done said she was awesome and very easy to groom and handle. Made me feel good.

Jagger was all attitude and stubbornness. He didn't want to do it and had a tantrum. He just laid flat and played dead. Once done I brought him in the house and he just sat down and gave me the stink eye.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.