Saving Ellie

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
GOD BLESS YOU for taking her - fourth home, what a crying shame - brings me to tears for these poor babies. As you said, she will need loads of time to adjust, the poor girl doesn't know whether she is coming or going from the sounds of it. Hoping you all the best and bless Jagger, what a good big brother to the adjustment as well. She is just ADORABULL!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Got an orange roll after dinner. Put in on the coffee table to go get my tea. Come back and it's gone!!!!! I ask Jagger and Ellie "who did this?" And point at my empty plate.... Jagger just walks away and this is the look I get from Ellie. Sigh... That was my last orange roll :(
yhurumy8.jpg

My money is on Lucy the ring leader. Look at that face, how could she be accused of such nonsense. Especially when there is a CAT in the house!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
The food is Natural Balance Vegetarian.

Ellie is coming to terms with her new rules. The no jumping is a very hard one for her. She never jumps on Cate who is small but she jumps at the older kids a lot. But we have put in place that if she jumps to grab her collar or harness tell her no and make her sit. No other talk or touch just to sit. Really in all this is the only thing she has that needs stern correction. She is a polite eater. Doesn't try to steal food, not a barker, and doesn't take Cate's toys. She is very nosey. She doesn't really get into things just has to investigate everything. She plays well with the kids when they use the no jumping rule. We are making her sit to get attention. It working to our advantage right now.

She still has social anxiety when we are out. Not with people but with other dogs. Really only other dogs that are unsure themselves. Having Jagger with her when we are out helps a lot.

Example in Petsmart getting new toys. Jagger finds a young lab to make friends with. The lab's people were very nice and we talked for a few minutes. Jagger and the lab ended up laying in the floor wrestling and loving on each other. Ellie stood by and watched but never growled. In the end she was attempting to be more involved and calmly meet the lab. Jagger would love to be the official door greeter at the vet's office and the pet store if he could :)

Ellie does crave physical contact. When you sit if she can't touch you she will root around on you until you lay a hand on her.

In all I think it's just going to take time and attention. We are able to give her both. The kids now realize Ellie is not "mean" and that she just needs attention and correction.
If it makes you feel better, I have an 17mo old jumper and I have been consistent since he was 9 weeks old - drives me nuts - it's my only problem with my sweet, loving, little love bug.

- - - Updated - - -

If it makes you feel better, I have an 17mo old jumper and I have been consistent since he was 9 weeks old - drives me nuts - it's my only problem with my sweet, loving, little love bug.
Oh and he is allergic to beef.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and he is allergic to beef.

She is getting better with the jumping. Just one of those things you deal with and try to correct. I do believe Ellie's issues was beef. She is doing extremely well with the vegetarian food. Then I have my baby Jagger who we have confirmed is allergic to chicken... So, all veggie is the safest for our family

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
This is Ellie's sweet face when she has to sit when she is excited. She tries to look pitiful so she doesn't have to be good.... But she isn't jumping
7udu3ebu.jpg

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
This is her typically in the yard
2e3asehy.jpg

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
My money is on Lucy the ring leader. Look at that face, how could she be accused of such nonsense. Especially when there is a CAT in the house!

Lucy is the Crime Boss - tonight she opened a cabinet and knocked out paper baking cups and Ellie and Jagger had then strung all over the kitchen like confetti. Lucy was just on the counter watching.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
GOD BLESS YOU for taking her - fourth home, what a crying shame - brings me to tears for these poor babies. As you said, she will need loads of time to adjust, the poor girl doesn't know whether she is coming or going from the sounds of it. Hoping you all the best and bless Jagger, what a good big brother to the adjustment as well. She is just ADORABULL!

She is adjusting well right now. She does have trust issues and is still very anxious. She does her best listening when it's just her and I. But I can already see what potential and greatness she has. I just have to be patient and let it all come out. Getting all the nervous energy out with our walks seems to be the best thing right now.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
This is Ellie's sweet face when she has to sit when she is excited. She tries to look pitiful so she doesn't have to be good.... But she isn't jumping
7udu3ebu.jpg

She is just perfect. Look at that face I would never be able to resist that look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I have been away and just getting back to EBN. Loving this post. Bless you for taking in Ellie, she is blossoming. There is so much love and fierce determination to do right by her in each post. She is such a beauty and you are doing everything right. Your loving kindness is an inspiration to all.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
7udu3ebu.jpg

O M G look at that sweet baby face!!! I just LOVE her to death!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I honest to goodness have hundreds of dollars of toys for these fur babies... And they fight over one cheap blue frog
eta9a9ep.jpg

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Well this morning about 4am Jagger woke me up. Which is not him at all - he will do anything to stay in bed. I get up to let him and Ellie out and Ellie had diarrhea in her bed. She didn't bark whine or anything so i didn't know and it didn't really smell. Jagger only woke me up cause he could smell it. Ellie was horrified she was going to get in trouble. I didn't say a word just let them both out, put her bed in the wash and gave her a comforter to sleep on and cleaned up the area. As I was cleaning she was obviously distressed, she didn't want to poop but couldn't help it. She would not come near where I was cleaning. When all was said and done I gave her a treat as I have been doing to get in her bed and stay and just went back to bed. I got up at 5:45 and took them out and she was happy as ever ran circles and ran at me like a linebacker :). I am sure the diarrhea was from stress, new environment and getting the yucky food out. She is on the bland diet right now.

just wanted to commend you for keeping calm cool and collected when you were probably frustrated, worried and grossed out. I think it is moments like that which make pet owners pawrents. Sounds like she is in good hands.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Most Reactions