Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Today is the day!!!! I get the results of Ellie's heart worm test.... I would melt if she had to go stay at the vet. I never let them stay overnight anywhere unless its with me or my husband.

Last night Ellie decided her bed just wasn't cutting it. I got up this morning to let them out and Ellie wasn't on her bed or in my room.... Eeeekk!!!! I searched the house and found her cuddled up in Cate's bed. I tried to go get my camera but by the time I got back she was waiting on me at the door to go out. Don't what it is about Cate but animals of all kinds not just the bulldogs are drawn to her.
I think sometimes animals can sense a certain kindness in a person or certain.....patience, its something about their make up I have one too that animals of all kinds are drawn too. When someone is having trouble with an animal they come get my daughter because she is so...its difficult to explain. Her soul is so quiet and patient and sometimes that is what these animals need. They feel safe or at least that is what I think.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
It must be.... I hope Ellie does calm down being here with us.. She is very high energy. We have increased our walk to twice a day. Jagger doesn't appreciate this, it cuts into his nap and snuggle time.
Ellie isn't much of a snuggler yet, I hope that changes. I can barely get her still enough for a picture.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377278770.575868.jpg

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
It must be.... I hope Ellie does calm down being here with us.. She is very high energy. We have increased our walk to twice a day. Jagger doesn't appreciate this, it cuts into his nap and snuggle time.
Ellie isn't much of a snuggler yet, I hope that changes. I can barely get her still enough for a picture.

View attachment 53393

Its her happiness spilling over at having a family to love that loves her in return! She's quote beautiful and I think she will calm down give her time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
So wonderful that you now have Ellie...Jagger will help her I'm sure. She is such a cutie and looks like she needs a lot of love. How can people treat their furbabies like that? I'll never understand. Sorry -- you are getting a pat on the back anyway...good for you! Hoping it works out really well and you all have much love and happiness!:goodjob:

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Great news!!!!! No heart worms for Ellie!!!!! Now it's just getting those 10lbs on her and treating her allergies. Her wrinkles are proving to be very difficult to get well. I have another two and a half weeks and Jagger and Ellie go for check up. Jagger for his allergies and Ellie to check her weight and wrinkles. Her wrinkles are obviously better hit not where I think they should be.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Great news!!!!! No heart worms for Ellie!!!!! Now it's just getting those 10lbs on her and treating her allergies. Her wrinkles are proving to be very difficult to get well. I have another two and a half weeks and Jagger and Ellie go for check up. Jagger for his allergies and Ellie to check her weight and wrinkles. Her wrinkles are obviously better hit not where I think they should be.

Wonderful news!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Tonight my husband and I are having our monthly "Friends BBQ". We invite about 5-7 of our friends we eat, drink and visit. Most of them bring their dogs to play and we all hang out in the pool. This will be Ellie's first experience with guests (skin and fur). Everyone knows Ellie is new and is anxious. Most of their fur babies are rescues also. So, they are all well versed in rescue baby behaviors. Ellie has been doing very well with meeting new friends and interacting. I'm hoping to get more pictures of her tonight. She never sits still long enough for me to get good pictures. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)

SO happy Ellie is heartworm negative! Immiticide treatment is not fun! And post lots of pics of Ellie, Jagger, and their friends at the cookout! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Tonight my husband and I are having our monthly "Friends BBQ". We invite about 5-7 of our friends we eat, drink and visit. Most of them bring their dogs to play and we all hang out in the pool. This will be Ellie's first experience with guests (skin and fur). Everyone knows Ellie is new and is anxious. Most of their fur babies are rescues also. So, they are all well versed in rescue baby behaviors. Ellie has been doing very well with meeting new friends and interacting. I'm hoping to get more pictures of her tonight. She never sits still long enough for me to get good pictures. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

have a great time.... look forward to hearing how she handles all the company.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I'm late! Bless you for rescuing this sweet girl! I'm glad she's heartworm negative and I hope she enjoys her guests tonight.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Ellie did so well tonight!!!!! There were times she was a little grumpy nothing really to speak of. She interacted and played great and had so much fun. We did discover she does not like when people go underwater in then pool. She get very upset and whines and growls. While we were in the pool she paced around the pool. In all it was a fun and relaxing night for everyone.
6ary6yra.jpg
Jagger and Cate
tajamejy.jpg
Ellie
3udyqene.jpg
Sofie
najyneqe.jpg
Spud
adahugur.jpg
Diesel

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
usetutud.jpg
Ellie
6u2y4ena.jpg
Jagger
3ydase9y.jpg
Jagger and his partner in crime Lucy

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Some of the other pictures are fur friends that came for the evening and played. We had a wide variety of fur babies here tonight. There ranging from 1.2lbs (Sofie) all the way to 80lbs (Diesel). And they all got along and begged for food together. Oh Jagger drank wine out of a glass by the pool EKKKK!! He loved it. And Diesel stole his Mom's phone and buried it. Luckily when it was called we were able to find it :) was an entertaining night that's for sure

Most Reactions