ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So glad to hear Jagger & Ellie are getting along... Hopefully she doesn't have heart worm, sending prayers your way!!! LOVE your pics :heart:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Your fur babies are absolutely adorable!!! Love them and you can physically see a difference in Ellie's confidence on her face love seeing the transformation from scared fur baby to confident fur baby!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Just because I am one of those people, I contacted Ellie's previous owners and kinda gave them the what for about her care or lack there of I should say. I told them that I had asked if she had any allergy or medical problems (I knew she did by looking at her) and they had told me no. I informed them that she has been to the vet twice, she is under weight, has yeast in her wrinkles and the hair loss on her neck and the sores are from allergies and hot spots. Not from another dog biting her or her collar rubbing. Also, that she hasn't had any heart worm medication and that could be deadly. I knew before hand Ellie needed vet care, but I didn't let them know that. I told them that I gave them the $550 adoption in fee with the understanding that I was getting a healthy maintained bulldog. That it obviously is not the case. The woman I gave the adoption fee to would not speak to me or respond in any way she made her husband call who had nothing to do with the adoption. He and I are supposed to have a conversation in the morning. I would never give Ellie back but I felt they should know that because of their lack of care she has health and allergy issues. That even if she is a pure breed that the condition she in is unacceptable. My husband thinks I nuts , I told him maybe it will keep them from getting another fur baby.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Just because I am one of those people, I contacted Ellie's previous owners and kinda gave them the what for about her care or lack there of I should say. I told them that I had asked if she had any allergy or medical problems (I knew she did by looking at her) and they had told me no. I informed them that she has been to the vet twice, she is under weight, has yeast in her wrinkles and the hair loss on her neck and the sores are from allergies and hot spots. Not from another dog biting her or her collar rubbing. Also, that she hasn't had any heart worm medication and that could be deadly. I knew before hand Ellie needed vet care, but I didn't let them know that. I told them that I gave them the $550 adoption in fee with the understanding that I was getting a healthy maintained bulldog. That it obviously is not the case. The woman I gave the adoption fee to would not speak to me or respond in any way she made her husband call who had nothing to do with the adoption. He and I are supposed to have a conversation in the morning. I would never give Ellie back but I felt they should know that because of their lack of care she has health and allergy issues. That even if she is a pure breed that the condition she in is unacceptable. My husband thinks I nuts , I told him maybe it will keep them from getting another fur baby.

You go girl!!! My hubby would have said the same thing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Ellie and Jagger went to the vet. As I thought Jagger is just allergies. Ellie got a good coat spray to help with all her skin irritation. I got an ointment for her wrinkles and heart worm tested . Wont have the results for a few days. My vet owns bulldogs so is very helpful. Said really Ellie needs TLC, and to gain about 10lbs. But in all she was well behaved and loved the adventure.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Ellie is settling well. I would say our only REAL problem is keeping her from chasing the kitties!!!!! She LOVES the kids. I have 2 step daughters (9&12) that life with is full time, then of course Cate who is 4. Yesterday the 9 year old sat in the yard. She got attacked with bulldog love :) Ellie and Jagger had her on the ground loving all over her!!! She was laughing so hard and rolling all over, it was so heart warming to watch and all 3 of them loved it. I can see Ellie is very involved with the entire family. Jagger loves everyone but Cate is his person.

Last edited:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
:hug: Thank you for giving this sweet little girl a forever home! She is so lucky to have found you and will grow to love Jagger. It has to be confusing for her after being with a dog who was aggressive and in so many homes. Poor little thing! I can't wait to hear about her as she becomes aware she is HOME! :hug:

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
So glad you took Ellie in! She really needed a person who would take care of her. And I am also glad you gave the previous owners 'what for'. Grrrrrr....some people.

Keep the pics coming! Ellie is a dollface!

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Ellie is still doing very well. Have discovered she does have trust issues. Which is to be expected. She very much trusts Jagger and follows him. So, it helps that he is my baby and to him Mom is all that matters. :)

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
[MENTION=9016]JennyeStear[/MENTION] Thank you for all the updates! I'm so happy she is settling in so nicely! And good for you for calling her previous owners, I really wish I did that to the people who used to own my Frenchie, Diva. Some people should never own animals! Did you get the test results back for Heartworm? Keeping my fingers crossed it's negative!!

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I totally agree. The people that had Ellie has no clue about bulldogs. I am still fighting this nasty yeast in her wrinkles... Grrrrr.... Poor girls its beat red and goes all the way down her face. :(. And she is loving the extra food trying to get her to the healthy weight the vet would like to see. They just didn't do their research on the breed. I just got Jagger ( my first bulldog) this year. I had been wanting a bulldog for 8 years. I did research for 5+ years. Online searches, talking to my vet, contacting breeders and just talking to other owners. I was fully aware and prepared for all that can come with these personality filled babies.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Today is the day!!!! I get the results of Ellie's heart worm test.... I would melt if she had to go stay at the vet. I never let them stay overnight anywhere unless its with me or my husband.

Last night Ellie decided her bed just wasn't cutting it. I got up this morning to let them out and Ellie wasn't on her bed or in my room.... Eeeekk!!!! I searched the house and found her cuddled up in Cate's bed. I tried to go get my camera but by the time I got back she was waiting on me at the door to go out. Don't what it is about Cate but animals of all kinds not just the bulldogs are drawn to her.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online