Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Saving Ellie

That is wonderful!!! So happy for everyone!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm late but love this post and all the pics! Thank you for saving that sweet girl....she deserves a loving home and you're it!

Cheerio mates!

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card! JennyeStear's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Default Saving Ellie

Got an orange roll after dinner. Put in on the coffee table to go get my tea. Come back and it's gone!!!!! I ask Jagger and Ellie "who did this?" And point at my empty plate.... Jagger just walks away and this is the look I get from Ellie. Sigh... That was my last orange roll
    Last edited by JennyeStear; 09-04-2013 at 10:58 PM.
    Jennye

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    Got an orange roll after dinner. Put in on the coffee table to go get me tea. Come back and it's gone!!!!! I ask Jagger and Ellie "who did this?" And point at my empty plate.... Jagger just walks away and this is the look I get from Ellie. Sigh... That was my last orange roll

what a beauty!!! The cat ate it!!!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

I wish it would have been the cat.... Maybe some of it would have been left But the Crime Boss (Lucy the cat) as we call her, will be out of commission for a while. She goes Monday to get spayed and some retained baby teeth removed and one of her toes removed. ( She also is a rescue and has a weird toe that needs removed)

What would be a good way to keep the bull babies away from her? They all always play and sleep together. Guess I'll just keep the Crime Boss in the bathroom for a week. I tried the baby gate with Ellie and she just knocks it over. If you close her in a room she will try to demolish the door. I may just but the kitty in the XL crate we have. It was for my husbands police K-9 before he passed away. It's huge and I don't think she can get out of it.....
    Jennye

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

She looks so happy!!!! Izzy ate my plum the other day.... for some reason I thought it was safe to put my plum down in the coffee table and go get my water and when I came back it was gone.... no seed... ALL GONE!

I wouldnt put a piece of bacon down but my plum?! Serously!

Got an orange roll after dinner. Put in on the coffee table to go get my tea. Come back and it's gone!!!!! I ask Jagger and Ellie "who did this?" And point at my empty plate.... Jagger just walks away and this is the look I get from Ellie. Sigh... That was my last orange roll

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Awe she says "I sorry Mommy"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Oh bacon wouldn't last 3 seconds in our house. If one of the fur babies didn't snatch it up one of our skin kids would!!! . I never would have thought her to take an orange roll. Cate leaves snack bowls with popcorn, animal crackers, cereal, etc.... On the floor and Ellie never even passes a glance. Guess she just likes sweets
    Jennye

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Ellie getting more accustom to the pool
    She actually LOVES getting splashed
    Ellie making sure Cate is okay in the pool
    Just seeing this really makes me happy. What jerks her other owners were t not recognize the love this angel had to give. Bless you for taking her in. I can see that she is a beautiful addition to your family.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

GOD BLESS YOU for taking her - fourth home, what a crying shame - brings me to tears for these poor babies. As you said, she will need loads of time to adjust, the poor girl doesn't know whether she is coming or going from the sounds of it. Hoping you all the best and bless Jagger, what a good big brother to the adjustment as well. She is just ADORABULL!
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

My money is on Lucy the ring leader. Look at that face, how could she be accused of such nonsense. Especially when there is a CAT in the house!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

The food is Natural Balance Vegetarian.

Ellie is coming to terms with her new rules. The no jumping is a very hard one for her. She never jumps on Cate who is small but she jumps at the older kids a lot. But we have put in place that if she jumps to grab her collar or harness tell her no and make her sit. No other talk or touch just to sit. Really in all this is the only thing she has that needs stern correction. She is a polite eater. Doesn't try to steal food, not a barker, and doesn't take Cate's toys. She is very nosey. She doesn't really get into things just has to investigate everything. She plays well with the kids when they use the no jumping rule. We are making her sit to get attention. It working to our advantage right now.

She still has social anxiety when we are out. Not with people but with other dogs. Really only other dogs that are unsure themselves. Having Jagger with her when we are out helps a lot.

Example in Petsmart getting new toys. Jagger finds a young lab to make friends with. The lab's people were very nice and we talked for a few minutes. Jagger and the lab ended up laying in the floor wrestling and loving on each other. Ellie stood by and watched but never growled. In the end she was attempting to be more involved and calmly meet the lab. Jagger would love to be the official door greeter at the vet's office and the pet store if he could

Ellie does crave physical contact. When you sit if she can't touch you she will root around on you until you lay a hand on her.

In all I think it's just going to take time and attention. We are able to give her both. The kids now realize Ellie is not "mean" and that she just needs attention and correction.
    If it makes you feel better, I have an 17mo old jumper and I have been consistent since he was 9 weeks old - drives me nuts - it's my only problem with my sweet, loving, little love bug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LynnA View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I have an 17mo old jumper and I have been consistent since he was 9 weeks old - drives me nuts - it's my only problem with my sweet, loving, little love bug.
    Oh and he is allergic to beef.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Remove Ads