Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Saving Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    My vet recommended Hills and I said no thank you I went to a place here locally that is vegetarian and got Natural Balance Vegetarian. Ellie loves it. I tried mixing it so not to change her too fast and she refused to eat. . So I gave in and just gave her the kibble only. She was so happy cleared to bowl and begged for more. And since this morning she has had the best poo since I've had her. She has gone poo twice since eating the food twice today and its better then when she was eating the homemade diet. I think I have found the best food for Ellie. I'm not for sure but I think she has some type of beef allergy. I have noticed her skin is red and dry on the back of her neck and she just started rubbing her face and rolling. Since I have given her the vegetarian kibble today her face is less red and she hasn't rubbed her face that I have seen.
    FANTASTIC.....it is a trail and error process and can sometimes be a VERY long road. so hope this is her food, I had to do the full blood screen allergy test to get to the bottom of it. if you don't mind can you tell us the brand so others may be able to benefit from this food. @cowsmom
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card! JennyeStear's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Default Saving Ellie

The food is Natural Balance Vegetarian.

Ellie is coming to terms with her new rules. The no jumping is a very hard one for her. She never jumps on Cate who is small but she jumps at the older kids a lot. But we have put in place that if she jumps to grab her collar or harness tell her no and make her sit. No other talk or touch just to sit. Really in all this is the only thing she has that needs stern correction. She is a polite eater. Doesn't try to steal food, not a barker, and doesn't take Cate's toys. She is very nosey. She doesn't really get into things just has to investigate everything. She plays well with the kids when they use the no jumping rule. We are making her sit to get attention. It working to our advantage right now.

She still has social anxiety when we are out. Not with people but with other dogs. Really only other dogs that are unsure themselves. Having Jagger with her when we are out helps a lot.

Example in Petsmart getting new toys. Jagger finds a young lab to make friends with. The lab's people were very nice and we talked for a few minutes. Jagger and the lab ended up laying in the floor wrestling and loving on each other. Ellie stood by and watched but never growled. In the end she was attempting to be more involved and calmly meet the lab. Jagger would love to be the official door greeter at the vet's office and the pet store if he could

Ellie does crave physical contact. When you sit if she can't touch you she will root around on you until you lay a hand on her.

In all I think it's just going to take time and attention. We are able to give her both. The kids now realize Ellie is not "mean" and that she just needs attention and correction.
    Jennye

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

You can just see her transform in the pictures you've posted. She definitely looks happy in her new home!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i am so very happy things are coming along. thats just the most wonderful news. i just want to give you a heads up that natural balance was purchased by del monte not to long ago. just a heads up to look for changes in the food or your bully on the food. hopefully all will stay well.

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member wheezer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus, Dexter
    Likes (Received)

You have done a fantastic job with Ellie! She is so fortunate to have found her forever home with you and Jagger. You and your family are doing a great job with her! God bless you all!!
    Zeus 2013

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Ellie making sure Cate has this sprinkler thing under control
    Jennye

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    Ellie making sure Cate has this sprinkler thing under control
    Awe that is wonderful!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Had a night of being spoiled. Got new treats, new bowls and a new fountain. Our old one finally broke down.
    Jennye

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

AWESOME.... Bulldogs are meant to be overly spoiled! Love the sprinkler shot too!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Default Saving Ellie

The switch to vegetarian diet is exactly what we needed. Even Jagger is making the switch and doing well. Ellie is doing much better with listening and not jumping.

Today was a big day for Ellie. Typically, Ellie walks and paces a lot. Today while in my home office Jagger was of course under my desk on my feet. Ellie had started her typical patrol. After about 10 min I hadn't seen her. I looked around and she was flat out on her side asleep in Jagger's house!!!! This is a big deal she is finally starting to relax. I continued to worked a while then got up to let them out. Ellie didn't even get up when I moved she opened her eyes but didn't get up. I let her out back she did her business and came and payed flat out again by the door. ( Ellie prefers the back yard when it's shady in the morning) Now she is snoring in my bed . It's so nice to see her relaxed and calm
    Jennye

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Nap time Jagger prefers a bed Ellie likes outside by the pool in the shade
    Jennye

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

This is such wonderful news ... I love hearing how she is coming along and finally starting to show her little bully personality!!

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Remove Ads