Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Saving Ellie

Ellie and Jagger went to the vet. As I thought Jagger is just allergies. Ellie got a good coat spray to help with all her skin irritation. I got an ointment for her wrinkles and heart worm tested . Wont have the results for a few days. My vet owns bulldogs so is very helpful. Said really Ellie needs TLC, and to gain about 10lbs. But in all she was well behaved and loved the adventure.
    Jennye

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card! JennyeStear's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Ellie is settling well. I would say our only REAL problem is keeping her from chasing the kitties!!!!! She LOVES the kids. I have 2 step daughters (9&12) that life with is full time, then of course Cate who is 4. Yesterday the 9 year old sat in the yard. She got attacked with bulldog love Ellie and Jagger had her on the ground loving all over her!!! She was laughing so hard and rolling all over, it was so heart warming to watch and all 3 of them loved it. I can see Ellie is very involved with the entire family. Jagger loves everyone but Cate is his person.
    Last edited by JennyeStear; 08-19-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Thank you for giving this sweet little girl a forever home! She is so lucky to have found you and will grow to love Jagger. It has to be confusing for her after being with a dog who was aggressive and in so many homes. Poor little thing! I can't wait to hear about her as she becomes aware she is HOME!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Alix
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
    Likes (Received)

So glad you took Ellie in! She really needed a person who would take care of her. And I am also glad you gave the previous owners 'what for'. Grrrrrr....some people.

Keep the pics coming! Ellie is a dollface!

RIP Samson el Torito and Petunia Belle
    May 20, 2000 - June 06, 2008 and November 16, 2004 - April 10, 2015

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Ellie is still doing very well. Have discovered she does have trust issues. Which is to be expected. She very much trusts Jagger and follows him. So, it helps that he is my baby and to him Mom is all that matters.
    Jennye

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@JennyeStear Thank you for all the updates! I'm so happy she is settling in so nicely! And good for you for calling her previous owners, I really wish I did that to the people who used to own my Frenchie, Diva. Some people should never own animals! Did you get the test results back for Heartworm? Keeping my fingers crossed it's negative!!
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

I totally agree. The people that had Ellie has no clue about bulldogs. I am still fighting this nasty yeast in her wrinkles... Grrrrr.... Poor girls its beat red and goes all the way down her face. . And she is loving the extra food trying to get her to the healthy weight the vet would like to see. They just didn't do their research on the breed. I just got Jagger ( my first bulldog) this year. I had been wanting a bulldog for 8 years. I did research for 5+ years. Online searches, talking to my vet, contacting breeders and just talking to other owners. I was fully aware and prepared for all that can come with these personality filled babies.
    Jennye

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Aww, they are both adorable Ellie has such a precious face<3
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Today is the day!!!! I get the results of Ellie's heart worm test.... I would melt if she had to go stay at the vet. I never let them stay overnight anywhere unless its with me or my husband.

Last night Ellie decided her bed just wasn't cutting it. I got up this morning to let them out and Ellie wasn't on her bed or in my room.... Eeeekk!!!! I searched the house and found her cuddled up in Cate's bed. I tried to go get my camera but by the time I got back she was waiting on me at the door to go out. Don't what it is about Cate but animals of all kinds not just the bulldogs are drawn to her.
    Jennye

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    Today is the day!!!! I get the results of Ellie's heart worm test.... I would melt if she had to go stay at the vet. I never let them stay overnight anywhere unless its with me or my husband.

Last night Ellie decided her bed just wasn't cutting it. I got up this morning to let them out and Ellie wasn't on her bed or in my room.... Eeeekk!!!! I searched the house and found her cuddled up in Cate's bed. I tried to go get my camera but by the time I got back she was waiting on me at the door to go out. Don't what it is about Cate but animals of all kinds not just the bulldogs are drawn to her.
    I think sometimes animals can sense a certain kindness in a person or certain.....patience, its something about their make up I have one too that animals of all kinds are drawn too. When someone is having trouble with an animal they come get my daughter because she is so...its difficult to explain. Her soul is so quiet and patient and sometimes that is what these animals need. They feel safe or at least that is what I think.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

It must be.... I hope Ellie does calm down being here with us.. She is very high energy. We have increased our walk to twice a day. Jagger doesn't appreciate this, it cuts into his nap and snuggle time.
    Ellie isn't much of a snuggler yet, I hope that changes. I can barely get her still enough for a picture.

-imageuploadedbytapatalk1377278770-575868-jpg
    Jennye

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    It must be.... I hope Ellie does calm down being here with us.. She is very high energy. We have increased our walk to twice a day. Jagger doesn't appreciate this, it cuts into his nap and snuggle time.
    Ellie isn't much of a snuggler yet, I hope that changes. I can barely get her still enough for a picture.

-imageuploadedbytapatalk1377278770-575868-jpg
    Its her happiness spilling over at having a family to love that loves her in return! She's quote beautiful and I think she will calm down give her time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Remove Ads