Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Saving Ellie

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Saving Ellie

Thank you so much for rescuing her.... she is a sweetie.... it's in her eyes. Would like to give you both hugs.. lol

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I love this thread! You are amazing for rescuing her! And it's always stressful adding a new dog to the mix but with time and patience everything will work out! Keep the updates of Ellie coming!
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card! JennyeStear's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Stressful is right - insert long exhausted sigh - Ellie has never been given heart worm medication?!??? I go in the morning to get her tested. Also, to get her some prescription allergy meds for about a month so her skin can calm down. Her hair is so thin and looks pitiful. While trying to make sure Ellie is getting proper care Jagger's skin has flared up and I had to shave the back of his neck in fear he had a hot spot. Right now it's just irritated allergy skin.
    Jennye

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    Stressful is right - insert long exhausted sigh - Ellie has never been given heart worm medication?!??? I go in the morning to get her tested. Also, to get her some prescription allergy meds for about a month so her skin can calm down. Her hair is so thin and looks pitiful. While trying to make sure Ellie is getting proper care Jagger's skin has flared up and I had to shave the back of his neck in fear he had a hot spot. Right now it's just irritated allergy skin.

Stress is spread around the whole family...but it will soon be replaced..first by acceptance..then by love. Jagger cares for her already, he was trying to help when she messed her bed. He feels her stress, probably knows she was a lost soul...but no more!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Bless you Jen... you are on the right start for her and there will be some set backs, but keep on the pace you are with her and she will be happy and healthy bully girl in no time!

Please keep us posted and let us know if we can help... ask all the questions you need to or just need some moral support

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Jagger and Ellie are starting to become real brother and sister !!!! Have even started getting in trouble together..... They dug up 4 of the neighbors plants this morning
    Ellie seems to be doing well and loving her new home made food diet. Her is still quite soft, but she isn't used to the food yet and has been under a lot of stress.

She is loving being on inside baby and just going outside for walk and potty breaks.
    Jagger hates me right now for making him wear a neck wrap. He kept scratching and has a raw spot. His skin is irritated on the back of his neck. (I think allergies)

They both go to the vet in the morning. Ellie for heart worm testing, spray for her skin and ointment for her wrinkles. I'm taking Jagger along so they can check his skin and make sure it is just his allergies. Also, to support Ellie. Jagger loves our vet office. He begs for treats and greets everyone pets and people at the front door. Ellie tends to gravitate to him when she gets anxious. I want his skin looked at anyway.

Name:  ellie3.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  6.5 KBEllie exploring
    Name:  sadjagger.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  6.2 KBJagger mad at me for making him wear the neck wrap.
    Last edited by JennyeStear; 08-17-2013 at 11:41 AM.
    Jennye

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

So glad to hear Jagger & Ellie are getting along... Hopefully she doesn't have heart worm, sending prayers your way!!! LOVE your pics

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Your fur babies are absolutely adorable!!! Love them and you can physically see a difference in Ellie's confidence on her face love seeing the transformation from scared fur baby to confident fur baby!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to Ellie sounds like she is gonna fit right in!
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Just because I am one of those people, I contacted Ellie's previous owners and kinda gave them the what for about her care or lack there of I should say. I told them that I had asked if she had any allergy or medical problems (I knew she did by looking at her) and they had told me no. I informed them that she has been to the vet twice, she is under weight, has yeast in her wrinkles and the hair loss on her neck and the sores are from allergies and hot spots. Not from another dog biting her or her collar rubbing. Also, that she hasn't had any heart worm medication and that could be deadly. I knew before hand Ellie needed vet care, but I didn't let them know that. I told them that I gave them the $550 adoption in fee with the understanding that I was getting a healthy maintained bulldog. That it obviously is not the case. The woman I gave the adoption fee to would not speak to me or respond in any way she made her husband call who had nothing to do with the adoption. He and I are supposed to have a conversation in the morning. I would never give Ellie back but I felt they should know that because of their lack of care she has health and allergy issues. That even if she is a pure breed that the condition she in is unacceptable. My husband thinks I nuts , I told him maybe it will keep them from getting another fur baby.
    Jennye

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    Just because I am one of those people, I contacted Ellie's previous owners and kinda gave them the what for about her care or lack there of I should say. I told them that I had asked if she had any allergy or medical problems (I knew she did by looking at her) and they had told me no. I informed them that she has been to the vet twice, she is under weight, has yeast in her wrinkles and the hair loss on her neck and the sores are from allergies and hot spots. Not from another dog biting her or her collar rubbing. Also, that she hasn't had any heart worm medication and that could be deadly. I knew before hand Ellie needed vet care, but I didn't let them know that. I told them that I gave them the $550 adoption in fee with the understanding that I was getting a healthy maintained bulldog. That it obviously is not the case. The woman I gave the adoption fee to would not speak to me or respond in any way she made her husband call who had nothing to do with the adoption. He and I are supposed to have a conversation in the morning. I would never give Ellie back but I felt they should know that because of their lack of care she has health and allergy issues. That even if she is a pure breed that the condition she in is unacceptable. My husband thinks I nuts , I told him maybe it will keep them from getting another fur baby.
    You go girl!!! My hubby would have said the same thing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

OH Ellie! I'm so glad you found your family! Finally!

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Remove Ads