Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Saving Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    Very funny moment..... I was sitting in my home office editing pictures. Ellie came in laid at my feet. I put my feet on top of her she stayed for about 30 minutes. Then left. All the sudden I hear horrible snoring, I turned around she had gotten in the lab's kennel and was sleeping . No clue why she was in there. But she was comfy just snoring away. I tried to get a pic but she woke up.

Gotta say.... She is nice and comfy in her home
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card! JennyeStear's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Found Ellie a cute, cold weather outfit today
    Jennye

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Found Ellie a cute, cold weather outfit today
    Ellie you look GORGEOUS Darling!

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

I totally agree, that the heart directs you. The way you describe Rocky and Rambo is very much the same with Jagger and Ellie. Jagger is the K-9 leader. They are like peas in a pod now. They run into each other all the time, when we are out on our walks Ellie is always bumping into Jagger I love Ellie very much, she fits into our nutty little family very well. She is so happy to be here with us. When we call her and love on her, she does what my husband says is her happy dance lol She sits on her butt and her front feet looks like she is running we crack up every time she does it.

Even our vet said today he can see the difference in her and the love she has. Cate was at the vet with me sitting on the floor playing with the office cat. Another dog walked in and Ellie immediately went and stood in front of Cate. Never barked, growled or made an aggressive move. Was just very attentive to where that other dog was in proximity to Cate. We had her in the waiting area so he could see her interact with other unfamiliar people and pets. I am thankful for my vet. He is very involved and not only helps with their health but also behavior. I loved seeing Ellie "protect" Cate.

My babies are the same. As soon as a new four legged friend comes over it is playtime. Jagger is extremely social and loves everyone. Right now it is taking Ellie a little longer to warm up to situations. Jagger helps with this. HE will instigate a wrestling match in the middle of the pet store if he gets the opportunity.

I love hearing adoption and rescue stories, good and bad. It lets you see that there are many in need and many that find their fairy tale.
    I love this post, hearing how Ellie protected Cate and how she went
    about it just touched me deeply.

I LOVE BULLIES.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

We were not looking for Ellie. But I was drawn to her for a reason I believe. She fits with us so well. And is even able to tolerate Jagger who is a pest. She is awesome with young children. Is great on her leash and loves her walks. She is a garden hose fanatic. She loves to be touched and just loved on. She has become extremely protective of Cate, especially if we are out and about. Not aggressive, just very aware. She is beginning to get to a point where she can meet 2 and 4 legged friends and not be so afraid.

I am obviously an animal lover, have been as long as I can remember. I feel if you get a animal whatever it may be. You make a commitment for the rest of their life to be their person and take care of them and if you can't take care of them, put them in a better situation. I think Ellie is starting to realize this.

She has found her forever family.
    Jennye

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh my gosh this made me tear up I don't know why but Ellie and Jagger are very dear to my heart! The way they are with Cate just warms my heart! So happy things are working out so well! Hugs from Sheldon and me!

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Default Saving Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    I love this post, hearing how Ellie protected Cate and how she went
    about it just touched me deeply.

I LOVE BULLIES.
    Cate loves Ellie. Says Ellie is her baby lol. Because that is what I say. Jagger is Cate's shadow but Ellie is her protector. Ellie has a very good mother and guardian instinct. It's like she needs something to watch over. Cate really likes it. I'll have to get some pictures of how Cate bear hugs Ellie and lays on her and how they sleep together. Cate is sick right now so Ellie and Jagger are both in my room so she can rest without them trying to "comfort" her. Ther idea of comfort is to literally smother you with kisses and lay on you.
    Jennye

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I love reading all the updates about Cate Ellie and Jagger

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Ellie has been doing really well. Finally, going to get this skin thing under control.
    My Gran (great grandma). Gave me a recipe for homemade wipes she always made when her kids were little. Said she used them on sores, scrapes, anything itchy and my great uncle's arms because he was allergic to the peanut fields he worked in.

It's paper towels cut into squares. ( I left them attached and folded them like wipes)

In a tea jug she mixed 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol and then filled the jug with water until it was half full. Gran never uses real measurements. She just "eye balls" everything.

Put the cut paper towels in a ziplock bag and poured the water mix over them so they were all wet, not dripping.

I've been using these on Ellie's wrinkles for about 3 days and they look amazing. Even her tear stains are starting to lighten.

I asked her where this came from. She said it's just something her family always used she doesn't really know.

It's super easy and way cheaper than the wipes at the pet store. I asked my vet if it was okay that I use them on Ellie's face. He said as long as I didn't get it in her eyes it was fine. Said is actually a good mix.
    Jennye

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Ellie has been doing really well. Finally, going to get this skin thing under control.
    My Gran (great grandma). Gave me a recipe for homemade wipes she always made when her kids were little. Said she used them on sores, scrapes, anything itchy and my great uncle's arms because he was allergic to the peanut fields he worked in.

It's paper towels cut into squares. ( I left them attached and folded them like wipes)

In a tea jug she mixed 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol and then filled the jug with water until it was half full. Gran never uses real measurements. She just "eye balls" everything.

Put the cut paper towels in a ziplock bag and poured the water mix over them so they were all wet, not dripping.

I've been using these on Ellie's wrinkles for about 3 days and they look amazing. Even her tear stains are starting to lighten.

I asked her where this came from. She said it's just something her family always used she doesn't really know.

It's super easy and way cheaper than the wipes at the pet store. I asked my vet if it was okay that I use them on Ellie's face. He said as long as I didn't get it in her eyes it was fine. Said is actually a good mix.
    Thank you going to give this a try

being a bulldog Mom ROCKS!!!

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Ellie had lots of love and playtime tonight.

-dscf4496-jpg-dscf4498-jpg-dscf4499-jpg-dscf4503-jpg-dscf4505-jpg-dscf4506-jpg-dscf4507-jpg-dscf4509-jpg-dscf4510-jpg-dscf4533-jpg
    Jennye

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Awe look at those two beautiful bullies!!!

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Remove Ads