Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 169 to 180 of 261

Thread: Saving Ellie

  1. #169
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11538

    Default Re: Saving Ellie

    Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    Paint party was a success and fun
    LOVE THESE .... what a wonderful site to see this --- so darn cute, both of them
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  2. #170
    I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card! JennyeStear's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Lowell, AR
    Posts
    587
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Saving Ellie

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    Her potassium level might be low

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
    I had read things that might cause limping and there are like a million and one - so that's why we are keeping our appointment on Sunday
    Jennye

  3. #171
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Saving Ellie

    Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    I had read things that might cause limping and there are like a million and one - so that's why we are keeping our appointment on Sunday
    Good choice

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

  4. #172
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Saving Ellie

    Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    I had read things that might cause limping and there are like a million and one - so that's why we are keeping our appointment on Sunday
    Good idea, I love all the updates too!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  5. #173
    I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card! JennyeStear's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Lowell, AR
    Posts
    587
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Saving Ellie

    Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Good idea, I love all the updates too!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    I think this forum is my way of venting and to give me a feeling of security in the choices I make. There are so many caring people with advice or just support. No one in the area where I live really have bulldogs and it's not easy to find a vet that is knowledgeable. I searched for mine. And being here helps with a lot of questions and second guessing.
    Jennye

  6. #174
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Saving Ellie

    Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    I think this forum is my way of venting and to give me a feeling of security in the choices I make. There are so many caring people with advice or just support. No one in the area where I live really have bulldogs and it's not easy to find a vet that is knowledgeable. I searched for mine. And being here helps with a lot of questions and second guessing.

    Yes it is amazing the strength you can find from our friends here, they sure make everything easier to get through, especially when feeling alone! Love my EBN family!!!

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  7. #175
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Saving Ellie

    Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Yes it is amazing the strength you can find from our friends here, they sure make everything easier to get through, especially when feeling alone! Love my EBN family!!!
    They definitely make things easier the support and love received on here is amazing. Y'all are my extended family!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

  8. #176
    I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card! JennyeStear's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Lowell, AR
    Posts
    587
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Saving Ellie

    Ellie is well. Vet said that her legs seems fine. That he thinks it was hyper-extended ( stretched too far). Only way his could have happened I feel was with the new groomer so I have called them and told them what happened and that I will no longer need their services. So on the search for another one.

    Ellie has definitely settled into the protector role. My middle step daughter, Tanner (9) came home from 3 days with her biological mom. It's a long twisted story my step kids called me Mom and their biological they call by her name.

    Anyway she was very sick fever of 102 and just down and out. Had been in bed all day. Ellie stayed in bed with her he entire time. That afternoon Tanner was complaining Ellie was bugging her in bed. I go in to get Ellie and check on Tanner. Tanner is burning up and bright red. I take her temp. 104.2!!!!! So, I load her up and go to the ER. 4 hours later antibiotics and a few other meds. We get home Ellie is still in Tanner's bed waiting.

    I think Ellie was "bugging" her to get her up or to get me in there. Ellie slept with her all night last night, only getting up for me to take her out. I had to get up and give Tanner meds every 3 hours, so Ellie is now passed out in my office trying to recover I think.

    Ellie was a rescue but I think she came to us for a reason. It's almost like she needs a family to look after and protect. She is very good at it. And to see how happy she is when she's in our bed or just trying to be a 45lb lap baby. She is for sure at her forever home.

    I was not looking for Ellie when I found her. But I don't think you ever really "look" for the good things that happen in life.
    Jennye

  9. #177
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11538

    Default Re: Saving Ellie

    What a wonderful post! So hope Tanner is doing better and I believe as you do.... the good things happen when you are not lookig.. So happy you have Ellie and she has all of you.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  10. #178
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Saving Ellie

    Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    Ellie is well. Vet said that her legs seems fine. That he thinks it was hyper-extended ( stretched too far). Only way his could have happened I feel was with the new groomer so I have called them and told them what happened and that I will no longer need their services. So on the search for another one.

    Ellie has definitely settled into the protector role. My middle step daughter, Tanner (9) came home from 3 days with her biological mom. It's a long twisted story my step kids called me Mom and their biological they call by her name.

    Anyway she was very sick fever of 102 and just down and out. Had been in bed all day. Ellie stayed in bed with her he entire time. That afternoon Tanner was complaining Ellie was bugging her in bed. I go in to get Ellie and check on Tanner. Tanner is burning up and bright red. I take her temp. 104.2!!!!! So, I load her up and go to the ER. 4 hours later antibiotics and a few other meds. We get home Ellie is still in Tanner's bed waiting.

    I think Ellie was "bugging" her to get her up or to get me in there. Ellie slept with her all night last night, only getting up for me to take her out. I had to get up and give Tanner meds every 3 hours, so Ellie is now passed out in my office trying to recover I think.

    Ellie was a rescue but I think she came to us for a reason. It's almost like she needs a family to look after and protect. She is very good at it. And to see how happy she is when she's in our bed or just trying to be a 45lb lap baby. She is for sure at her forever home.

    I was not looking for Ellie when I found her. But I don't think you ever really "look" for the good things that happen in life.
    Oh wow!!! I definitely think she knew something was terribly wrong they have an uncanny sense that way. My Sheldon did the same for me. I had a break down and took an overdose , the last thing I remember is Sheldon crying very loudly turns out he walked back and forth crying as loud as he could till my husband came to see what upset him and found me got me to the hospital in time now if I'm alone with him in the bedroom if he isn't on the bed with me I have to answer him every hour or so otherwise he goes nuts trying to get on the bed!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

  11. #179
    I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card! JennyeStear's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Lowell, AR
    Posts
    587
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Saving Ellie

    Ellie is so funny - the messy lump of blankets is Ellie. She is hiding - I'm watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the old one) don't know if it's the music or voices, she hid and is chewing on her bone lol
    Jennye

  12. #180
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Saving Ellie

    Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    Ellie is so funny - the messy lump of blankets is Ellie. She is hiding - I'm watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the old one) don't know if it's the music or voices, she hid and is chewing on her bone lol
    Awe LOL she is hiding from the monsters Mommy

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •