Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomorrow is the day Rumble gets neutered...

Real Name
    Tiffany
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Tomorrow is the day Rumble gets neutered...

Well I dropped Rumble off at the vet this morning. He was not his usual self on the car ride. While he is normally very excited and looking all around, this morning he was more relaxed and even started to snore a little bit. He did look up at me with sad eyes this morning like "mom you forgot my breakfast...am I in trouble?" It broke my heart. But as soon as I got to the vet I was better than expected. We had never met this vet before but when I walked into the office, the entire place was decorated with bulldog photos, statutes, and trophies that the vet had won in his showing days. I spoke with the vet personally and he said Rumble looked great and very healthy. He said I have been doing a great job on cleaning him and it looked like he did not have any allergy problems at all. The vet loved Rumble's tail! He was so impressed he actually had a tail and that he could wiggle it! Talking to him completely calmed me down and made me feel like a great momma to Rumble. He gave me suggestions on benadryl and lemon juice incase of any problems and I already knew about it! (Mainly thanks to you great people on EBN!) But, we are just playing the waiting game now. He will be ready to be picked up after 2 and that cannot come soon enough. My husband is picking him up since I have meetings this afternoon but I will update you as soon as I can. Thank you for the prayers and keep them coming!!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

Yay Rumble comes home soon! Like the others have said the hardest part of the recovery is keeping them calm. I almost phoned back the vet to ask them to prescribe Tubby some pain killers just to come him down during those first few days lol Can't wait for the news that Rumble is back home with a nicely shaved little belly

Real Name
    Tiffany
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
    Likes (Received)

Here is the update. Rumble made it through okay but with a few issues. When my husband went to get him rumble was still out of it a lot and the vet thinks he had a reaction to penicillin. So now he is at home sleeping but he has been prescribed pain meds and meds for the penicillin issue. At least we know now not to give him any penicillin in the future. Once I am at my laptop I will add a picture. He was not thrilled.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tiffykay06 View Post
    Here is the update. Rumble made it through okay but with a few issues. When my husband went to get him rumble was still out of it a lot and the vet thinks he had a reaction to penicillin. So now he is at home sleeping but he has been prescribed pain meds and meds for the penicillin issue. At least we know now not to give him any penicillin in the future. Once I am at my laptop I will add a picture. He was not thrilled.

Happy to hear he is home with Mom and Dad... hugs to you all
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads