Belly Rub - Personality Change :)

B

Baxter Tiberius

Do your bullies get super different when on their backs?

I am totally cracking up by this. Finally our first belly rub event. Suddenly he's a newborn human baby. Moves, acts, mannerisms just like a baby in a crib.

He does this thing where his mouth is wide open, the entire time. Is that typical?

The mouth will be open, and it will slowly close then open, then close, then open again.

Of course he's doing the "Bullog Wave" at the same time with one or both paws. Very slowwwwwwwww motion .... its the strangest thing.

Its like he goes into a completely different personality on his back.

I want to make a thread about the "Bulldog Wave" (is there a more standard name for it?) Its got to be my favorite thing so far.

Kevin

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
OMG I can't stand his cuteness! It is like putting a shark to sleep by turning them on their back! Lol

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
OMG that was too cute! It was like he was going into a trance. Puppy Trance ZZZZZZZZZ...

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

That is really a good description for it. When he is on his back his whole entire demeanor changes. He zones out completely. His mouth hangs open. He begins to move in slow motion. His arms begin to move like he's slowly swimming. But most of all, he's totally and completely zoned out. Whether or not I am rubbing his belly. It almost reminds me of a frog on his back. Is it frogs that you put them on their back and they just stop moving completely? Or is that turtles? Its like he goes into a trance. The strangest thing.

Agreed - bulldog wave is the favorite hands down.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I can't look at Baxter without wanting a bully puppy, maybe when Mother is gone
and Aaron has moved out and it's MY TIME again, I'll treat myself.

Cami opens her mouth and licks the air whenever she gets butt scratches (prefers
to belly rubs) and goes into a trance where she stares off into space. She snaps
right out of it once I stop and whips her head around like...'I didn't say STOP!'

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Cute video. Harlea gets all 4 legs going when the tickle monster comes out. Bullies and belly rubs... Cheap entertainment. :)

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Colossus goes into this trance, a little snortier than normal too. He will throw his front paws around while pushing my arm(s) away with his back paws. He doesnt like it when I attempt to put him on his back, but once I start on his belly hes all for it. Prefers butt scratching to belly, but enjoys them both.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is so darn adorable.... love it!!

Being on their back is a submissive state for them, so a trance is one way of putting it. some dominating pups will fit being on their back and mot want belly rubs, other just give in to it.

The animal that goes into a trance when on there back is a shark

HeyBulldog

Apr 4, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I was definitely coming to this thread because Murray completely zonks out when he gets his belly rubs. I call him 'SPLAT' because it looks like he fell right out of the clouds and just 'splatted' on the ground, front two legs in the 'don't shoot!' position and gums folded over and resting on the ground.

One of my favorite things to do to him. And I don't think he minds either ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.