Linda Parks- 360 681 5089
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pippa & Peanut
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Colar or Harness ? Which do you use for your Bully

do you work, and is he at home alone while you do ??? what happens if the house catches on fire, and the fireman do get to the animals and free them to the open,they will run away, and have no ID,I have seen this happen many times as an animal control person. if the dogs would have had ID at all times. even though they were running free they could be Identified. firemen have other things to do than hold the pets in a fire, this is just a please think of all the emergency situations possible, because they happen every day. also, an ordinary clip collar no matter how tight you have it , a dog can and will pull out of it in a panic, or the clip will pop open. while away from home pleas consider a slip collar or a martingale.that they will never pull out of .
    If you have a question regarding dog food, or behavior! call or e-mail me anytime.
    Linda Parks
    360-681-5089
    bullysmum@gmail.com

Bulldog(s) Names
    RoCkie
    Likes (Received)

I'm full-time housewife / bully-mom ...I stayed at home most of the times & if I go out, I usually bring him along with me. Speaking of fire, if that ever happens (which I hope NOT/knocking on wood), it won't matter if he's wearing a collar with tag. Why? Like I've always say, bulldog is not common here. Everytime I took him for a walk, people sees him as a tasty treat because rocky is meaty compare than stray dogs they've seen & eaten. That's another part that I avoid when I'm walking him out when it's dark. Usually have my husband or someone else to accompany me. So you see, if he gets lost, we won't have a chance to find him because of this matter. That's why I'd tried my best to be careful.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm full-time housewife / bully-mom ...I stayed at home most of the times & if I go out, I usually bring him along with me. Speaking of fire, if that ever happens (which I hope NOT/knocking on wood), it won't matter if he's wearing a collar with tag. Why? Like I've always say, bulldog is not common here. Everytime I took him for a walk, people sees him as a tasty treat because rocky is meaty compare than stray dogs they've seen & eaten. That's another part that I avoid when I'm walking him out when it's dark. Usually have my husband or someone else to accompany me. So you see, if he gets lost, we won't have a chance to find him because of this matter. That's why I'd tried my best to be careful.
    They would eat your bullie ..........
    I'm not sure that I would EVER leave the house!!!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

What Lindathedogsmaid mentioned about emergencies is the exact reason I ALWAYS keep a collar with ID on my dogs while I'm not home. Heaven forbid something happens like a fire but if it does I want whoever the emergency responders are to be able contact me ASAP, be able to simply look at their collar and have my phone number. I also have a small sign on my front door and back door saying something like I have _ # of dogs _ # of cats in case of an emergency please save them. As soon as I get home I do take Samson's collar off because I don't like the imprint the collar leaves on his coat. My beagle NEVER has her collar off unless it's bedtime and she is in her kennel. Those beagles are infamous escape artists/roamers and I am so scared of what would happen in general if she got out let alone with her collar/ID. Just what I do because I am a worry wort and my dogs mean the world to me.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads