Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I noticed over the weekend that Vegas has a yeast infection in his nose rope. I started treating it immediately.....but it's so raw! I've been alternating with yeast cream and neosporin. Today he let me have a good look at what I was dealing with and I found the "raw" culprit. Vegas had a "whisker" that was infected. At least it had a huge discolored divot around it. I always have had to photo shop this whisker out...it was just funny looking.

So...I thought I would help him out (okay...I admit it.....help me out too) and I pulled the sucker. OMG! I didn't know those whiskers were barbed!

IMG_03821.jpg

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:eek: Ohhhh dear. Well..after his "barbed" wound closes up..try desitin..just a teeny dab on the red irritated spot. I use a wee bit on a Qtip. Hope he is better soon..:(

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor baby, hope he feels better soon, it should heal up now that the ingrown whisker is gone. Just keep the area clean, and maybe some witch hazel on a Q-tip will help to dry it up.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Awww poor baby!!!! :hug: lots of love to Vegas

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Poor 'lil lovebug...so great Vegas has a wonderful Momma who's right on top
of this thang...give him soft kisses from me & Camikins...love y'all!

Spurgeon

May 3, 2012
Middleburg FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rev. Charles Hadden Spurgeon currently, and 3 others before, Lord Chesterfield, Evie, and Dooda
Ouch! I bet that was a tough pull.

btw, It's best to keep the rope fold area as dry as possible and let the body heal on its own. Some of the ointments will cause the dog to scrape at the area and even get it more dirty, which can cause more trouble than before. I wipe out Rev's rope with a damp cloth and then dry it off. Otherwise, he goes into a rubbing frenzy and loads it up again with dirt.

The vet also gave us some great disinfectant/Hydrocortisone wipes too. They help fight against the yeast infections, and relieve the itch. However, their smell usually makes Rev rub it on everything (It smells clean and fresh to me). The wipes are called MalAcetic HC

Hope this helps you and everyone else who runs across this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Ouch..I bet that was sore! I know I've posted some on this lately but Vetercyn is awesome for everything. I was using all those stinky pads/ointments to clean Bubba's rope and he always hated them and would run away then rub like crazy after. His rope was starting to get red lately and since I've been using Vetercyn, it's almost completely well and...it has no offensive odor. He could care less now when I clean it. Just my 2 cents. :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Ooooooooooooooohhh .. that does look sore. Poor Vegas!! :(

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Awww man... poor baby! Bella used to get like that, but I never noticed if it was a whisker. Hopefully he will clear up soon...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.