Potty Training Tips...

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Well....you will have to start from scratch. But don't worry, she will respond. Sounds like she was well on her way before her people dropped the ball..:ROFL: I will give you a way that is very restrictive..for YOU and your fiancée. But it works. She needs to be leashed at all times in the house. Attached to a human, that will be watching her every move.
Basic Rules..
Out every hour to potty AND after eating and playing. Before going in the crate AND immediately after. Try taking her to the same area outside. They begin to know that's the place.

No Roaming Freely..

On a leash at all times. If the human needs a break, take her out to potty (the pup..lol) and immediately in the crate. When she comes out of the crate, immediately outside to potty, then back on the leash.

If you see any signals she might be thinking about going, a gentle tug on her leash..your NO word and take her out immediately!

High praise when she goes in correct place.
Keep crate area small, no bigger than needed for her to stand up and turn around.
Yes..it is a difficult thing..tethering yourself to a pup..but it works. You will be amazed at what you were missing.

As much as I hate to amit this in an open forum hahahahahaha I have to agree with Becky's Rather unorthodox, attach your Pet to a Human Theory :rofl: besides boring the pet to death, unless your Becky, which Jake had to be filled with mind shattering excitement during his attachment :yes: and is probably a self explanation why he eats cardboard hahahahahahaha. On a serious note, not only does she have an excellent point, but it is a self awareness to you of whats going on with your puppy. It's easy to get distracted, and break the routine, attachment to a person breaks the cycle, and in putting much thought into it, Probably the best way to get your puppy trained.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
As much as I hate to amit this in an open forum hahahahahaha I have to agree with Becky's Rather unorthodox, attach your Pet to a Human Theory :rofl: besides boring the pet to death, unless your Becky, which Jake had to be filled with mind shattering excitement during his attachment :yes: and is probably a self explanation why he eats cardboard hahahahahahaha. On a serious note, not only does she have an excellent point, but it is a self awareness to you of whats going on with your puppy. It's easy to get distracted, and break the routine, attachment to a person breaks the cycle, and in putting much thought into it, Probably the best way to get your puppy trained.

:eek:

:tapfoot: Well...I will have you know....Jake only eats cardboard when he isn't near me!
:tongue:

Sheeeeeesh....and to think I was missing this! :ROFL:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.