TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
Start with a 2-3 pieces and check for any issues first :yes:

When you say 2-3 pieces, you're talking just the pink watermelon? I think my Bailey would eat green rind and all if given the chance.

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
You can give her a tablespoon either as a topping for her food or off a spoon. Its great for their coat and other benefits

This coconut oil, is it a replacement for salmon oil? I give Bailey and soon Zoey a couple squirts of salmon oil on her evening feeding and I don't think she really likes it. She eats everything but wipes her face off in the grass when I take her out after her evening meal.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
When you say 2-3 pieces, you're talking just the pink watermelon? I think my Bailey would eat green rind and all if given the chance.

Yes the pink section only with no seeds No rinds dogs can choke on that and also hard to digest

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
This coconut oil, is it a replacement for salmon oil? I give Bailey and soon Zoey a couple squirts of salmon oil on her evening feeding and I don't think she really likes it. She eats everything but wipes her face off in the grass when I take her out after her evening meal.

Yes dogs love the taste of Coconut oil here is a great post on the benefits and amount to feed http://dogingtonpost.com/benefits-of-coconut-oil-for-dogs/#.UgpZZha9rJw

An interesting quote from the above link.

Coconut oil may provide an effective defense against many troublesome parasites including giardia. Like bacteria and fungi, giardia can’t stand up against MCFA found in coconut oil.
Research has confirmed the effectiveness of MCFA in destroying giardia and possibly other protozoa.5,6,7 By using coconut oil and other coconut products every day, you may be able to destroy giardia before it can establish a toehold.

And I think it is ok to do both Salmon oil and Coconut oil just not at the same time that would probably taste yucky :barf: Just cut down a bit on the salmon oil or just give them one or the other.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.