Selecting the best puppy question

pfgray2008

Aug 11, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None Yet
[FONT=&quot]Hi I’m new to this site but I have a few questions about how to choose or selecting a English Bulldog puppy that none of the 8 books I have answers. What I’m dying to know is “physically” what distinguishes a potential show quality puppy from one that just going to be a pet? Considering that a puppy is often sold at 8 weeks or more and has good general health and temperament aside what physical characteristics do breeders look at? As far as I understand it most bulldogs don’t show their potential as prospect show dogs until about 3-6 months of age. So how does a breeder decide which ones to keep for themselves? I understand breed standard guides; I have several however they only apply to adult’s not the cute adorable wrinkly, chubby puppies.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The other thing I can’t seem to find is an accurate photo coat color chart for the breed? Does anyone know where I can find one online or from a book? [/FONT]

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hi I’m new to this site but I have a few questions about how to choose or selecting a English Bulldog puppy that none of the 8 books I have answers. What I’m dying to know is “physically” what distinguishes a potential show quality puppy from one that just going to be a pet? Considering that a puppy is often sold at 8 weeks or more and has good general health and temperament aside what physical characteristics do breeders look at? As far as I understand it most bulldogs don’t show their potential as prospect show dogs until about 3-6 months of age. So how does a breeder decide which ones to keep for themselves? I understand breed standard guides; I have several however they only apply to adult’s not the cute adorable wrinkly, chubby puppies.

The other thing I can’t seem to find is an accurate photo coat color chart for the breed? Does anyone know where I can find one online or from a book?

I left a comment on your last post , the question is a repeat. but :D Welcome to the site http://www.akc.org/breeds/bulldog/color_markings.cfm

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online