Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cooling vest

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Default Cooling vest

While checking into the Thunder shirts a bit I also found these on a website. They look like a good idea for hot summer days.

dog cooling vest, dog cooling jacket, keepdoggiesafe.com

Lots of other neat stuff at the same site. Princess Gracie will have to have one of the lighted leashes!
    Last edited by LariP; 11-12-2010 at 08:05 AM.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Cooling vest

thats pretty cool i hadnt seen that kind! we had bought a bandana for lex and it didnt really seem to help but then again what will really help in 100 degree weather lol!!!! then bo got ahold of it and no more bandana lol

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Lou was telling me she is trying to design one of these, the problem is the 'cooling' element in most of these is soooooo heavy. She is trying to get it to where it won't be too heavy. I hope she is successful in her design.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like a great idea and if Lou can make it even more lightweight how awesome would that be?!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Great idea!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Unfortunately Ohio summers are just too hot and humid so I don't think even a cooling vest would be enough to allow the dogs to go out for more than a few minutes!!

Bulldog Vet in Training gatorfan85's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr.Beefy
    Likes (Received)

Wow i def need one of those for Beefy. We went on a walk yesterday I almost had to carry him home!! Thankfully i had to bottle of water, one to drink and one to poor on beefy's neck

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

@cali baker..here they are..there is a link!

Kennel Cleaner
    Real Name
    Rosita
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brewer
    Likes (Received)

So it says it lasts for up to 6 hours. But in what temp? Has anyone used these on bullies and does it really help?

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

I've purchased cooling vests and lighted leashes from them. The vests absorb water and you can put in the fridge for a bit if you want them cold. I usually pour more cool water on them while they are wearing them. Of course you still should provide cool water for them to drink. I use them when they go to the vets on a warm day in the car and sometimes at the dog park. The lighted leashes are great but I found it difficult to remove the tiny screws on some of them to replace the battery. Also I found that because Wilson is so strong he would pull too hard on the leash and damage the leashes so that the lights no longer functioned properly. But if your dog is not a "puller" by all means use one of these. They are very pretty and impressive at night. I particularly liked the blue lights and I often got "cool" complements from passersby.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I have one..it stays cool..don't know what temp..for 5 hours no problem. It has pockets that are filled with little beads. When wet they puff up and make channels..kind of like down in a comforter..those beads hold the coolness. This same technology is used by our soldiers in Iraq. When you first get it..it's very unimpressive..but it totally changes before your eyes. I've ordered lots from this company..if you don't like it they will take it back.but get large or bigger. They aren't very big..just supposed to sit on back of neck.i ordered large for jake..perfect..room to grow too! @sitartzm..also to me they aren't heavy..Jake refuses to answer when I ask!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fontanafox View Post
    I've purchased cooling vests and lighted leashes from them. The vests absorb water and you can put in the fridge for a bit if you want them cold. I usually pour more cool water on them while they are wearing them. Of course you still should provide cool water for them to drink. I use them when they go to the vets on a warm day in the car and sometimes at the dog park. The lighted leashes are great but I found it difficult to remove the tiny screws on some of them to replace the battery. Also I found that because Wilson is so strong he would pull too hard on the leash and damage the leashes so that the lights no longer functioned properly. But if your dog is not a "puller" by all means use one of these. They are very pretty and impressive at night. I particularly liked the blue lights and I often got "cool" complements from passersby.
    we have those too! Love the blue!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads