cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
thanks [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION].
funny, i looked at that cooling pad today online and was rather amazed by it...no need to refrigerate or plug in, or anything...so i plan to order a large pad. They are pretty pricey tho but seems like a wise investment; i'll probably order the vests too...the large only come in pink and brown but i'm getting them anyways for the two boys! i love that color combo!!

i love big bear and know it can get very warm during the summer. I think that getting the cooling pad would be a great idea and humans can use it too...not just for the pets (at least that's what i'm planning on doing...they have to share)!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
The cooling vests came in the mail today! Very cute. I got them in size L and they come in this very cute pink and brown stripe w/pink and brown hawaiian print on the other side. Who said pink is just for girls?! I think Tate and Finn look rather handsome in their new accessory, plus it cools them down! :yes:

Attachments

• 100_8325.jpg
    100_8325.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_8334.jpg
    100_8334.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 93

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
That is a very good idea!

I don't know if Delilah would really want to wear it though.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
So I'm looking at this more closely now. I think it would be fabulous for when delilah goes to the dog park if I can get her to wear it.

How exactly does it work? Do they work really well and is it worth the money?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION], i had the same concern--i wasn't sure Tate or Finn would keep it on but so far, so good. It's important to get the right size for the vest to stay on of course. I got large for both of them. It fits Tate perfectly but it's a little looser on Finn( i figure he'll just grow into it anyways). Even through a lot of rough playing the vest stays on Tate (Finn's comes off 'cuz it's a little big).

I'm not exactly sure on the science behind it but the package says the vest is made of "crystal polymer filling gels when hydrated. Cools dog through evaporation". All you do is soak the vest in cold water for about 20min, pat it dry, and then place it on your dog. You can put it in the fridge for about 15min after soaking in water if you want (just not supposed to freeze).

And, it "stays cool for hours".

So far, i like it very much. I think the pups do too :)

I know [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] likes the one she got for Jake as well.\

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
The cooling vests came in the mail today! Very cute. I got them in size L and they come in this very cute pink and brown stripe w/pink and brown hawaiian print on the other side. Who said pink is just for girls?! I think Tate and Finn look rather handsome in their new accessory, plus it cools them down! :yes:

Where did you get those!I love em

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] hmm, thanks for the info! I'm really considering one for Delilah.

She loves to play outside at the dog park, but with these 90 degree days we can't stay very long. She gets so so hot and just pants and pants for hours and gets super thirsty and slobbery. She's practically dead after we go for 25 minutes and comes home and just plops on the floor after drinking a crap ton of water. Think one of those cooling vests would help? I don't know how cool they actually make your dog.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online