Cooling vest

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
While checking into the Thunder shirts a bit I also found these on a website. They look like a good idea for hot summer days.

dog cooling vest, dog cooling jacket, keepdoggiesafe.com

Lots of other neat stuff at the same site. Princess Gracie will have to have one of the lighted leashes!:luv:

Last edited:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
thats pretty cool i hadnt seen that kind! we had bought a bandana for lex and it didnt really seem to help :( but then again what will really help in 100 degree weather lol!!!! then bo got ahold of it and no more bandana lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Lou was telling me she is trying to design one of these, the problem is the 'cooling' element in most of these is soooooo heavy. She is trying to get it to where it won't be too heavy. I hope she is successful in her design.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Unfortunately Ohio summers are just too hot and humid so I don't think even a cooling vest would be enough to allow the dogs to go out for more than a few minutes!!

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Wow i def need one of those for Beefy. We went on a walk yesterday I almost had to carry him home!! Thankfully i had to bottle of water, one to drink and one to poor on beefy's neck

sitartzm

May 25, 2011
Wisconsin
Bulldog(s) Names
Brewer
So it says it lasts for up to 6 hours. But in what temp? Has anyone used these on bullies and does it really help?

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I've purchased cooling vests and lighted leashes from them. The vests absorb water and you can put in the fridge for a bit if you want them cold. I usually pour more cool water on them while they are wearing them. Of course you still should provide cool water for them to drink. I use them when they go to the vets on a warm day in the car and sometimes at the dog park. The lighted leashes are great but I found it difficult to remove the tiny screws on some of them to replace the battery. Also I found that because Wilson is so strong he would pull too hard on the leash and damage the leashes so that the lights no longer functioned properly. But if your dog is not a "puller" by all means use one of these. They are very pretty and impressive at night. I particularly liked the blue lights and I often got "cool" complements from passersby.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I have one..it stays cool..don't know what temp..for 5 hours no problem. It has pockets that are filled with little beads. When wet they puff up and make channels..kind of like down in a comforter..those beads hold the coolness. This same technology is used by our soldiers in Iraq. When you first get it..it's very unimpressive..but it totally changes before your eyes. I've ordered lots from this company..if you don't like it they will take it back.but get large or bigger. They aren't very big..just supposed to sit on back of neck.i ordered large for jake..perfect..room to grow too! [MENTION=2450]sitartzm[/MENTION]..also to me they aren't heavy..Jake refuses to answer when I ask!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I've purchased cooling vests and lighted leashes from them. The vests absorb water and you can put in the fridge for a bit if you want them cold. I usually pour more cool water on them while they are wearing them. Of course you still should provide cool water for them to drink. I use them when they go to the vets on a warm day in the car and sometimes at the dog park. The lighted leashes are great but I found it difficult to remove the tiny screws on some of them to replace the battery. Also I found that because Wilson is so strong he would pull too hard on the leash and damage the leashes so that the lights no longer functioned properly. But if your dog is not a "puller" by all means use one of these. They are very pretty and impressive at night. I particularly liked the blue lights and I often got "cool" complements from passersby.

we have those too! Love the blue!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], wondering if Jake allows the vest to stay on...i mean, does he try to chew it off or anything like that? 'cuz i'm thinking Tate might wiggle himself out of it and chew on the vest, thus defeating the purpose!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:lol: Jake has only had it on when we were walking..he wasn't thrilled..his ears were back! A bully tantrum! But it would be hard for them to reach! I think it probably feels like a harness..and Jake gets the same look! They do have some really neat cooling pads. They don't have water in them or anything! Large ones are pricey tho..but you might have better luck? I've been debating one to take to big bear. We don't have ac there and it gets warm! Thought if you (me) had a fan and this pad..would work great. Debating...but before you buy vest..check it out. Also they have cooling bandanas that are great! Go around their neck..better than kool color..no mess..I got large..gave one to my daughter for her 110 pound golden and gave one to a friend who has a 5 year old bully! They are super cheap..like $8... [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.