Another category for is a English Bulldog right for you

chipw

Aug 2, 2013
Clovis, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Just an observation but i would like too add another category to the pro's and cons of is a bulldog right for you. Now i am by no means an expert i've only had Buster 2 weeks. Please see my thread in introductions "A big hello to Buster". But if you are not a people person or like to interact and take time to listen to other people a bulldog might not be right for you. It seems like people will go out of their way to meet these beautiful little ones of ours everyone has a comment or something to say on how cute how cool wish i had one or a story of some bulldog from their past. I think it's great as Buster and i both enjoy the attention but i usually let Buster bask in the glory.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yep. I know what you mean. When we take Harlea to PetSmart she is the queen of the store while we are there.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
True!!! I have people taking photos of my bully with their phone... Awkward sometimes!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Very true and it is hard to get used to ppl always stopping wanting a photo of her or to pet her. She eats it up tho, so I'm happy she gets the attention

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Personally i think bulldog is not a dog for the first time dog owners ;-)
When im out with my two i get into loads ow awkward moments
Shy wears her "im deaf" harness -people often asking me im im the deaf one-when i mention that the dog is deaf they clap and make noises and after a while they finally get it and with triumphal voice they say "ohh she is deaf" -geee really? Lol
With Lily they do want to take pictures and always ask how much did i pay for her , last time another "clever" person said what is it "its a bulldog" so shes a pit bull ? No shes a bulldog , american bulldog? No a bulldog -british ,english whatever they call it
But bulldogs are illegal ....at that moment i gave up !

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Personally i think bulldog is not a dog for the first time dog owners ;-)
When im out with my two i get into loads ow awkward moments
Shy wears her "im deaf" harness -people often asking me im im the deaf one-when i mention that the dog is deaf they clap and make noises and after a while they finally get it and with triumphal voice they say "ohh she is deaf" -geee really? Lol
With Lily they do want to take pictures and always ask how much did i pay for her , last time another "clever" person said what is it "its a bulldog" so shes a pit bull ? No shes a bulldog , american bulldog? No a bulldog -british ,english whatever they call it
But bulldogs are illegal ....at that moment i gave up !

Amazing isn't it?!! Last week I took Cami to PetsMart to get her nails done.

A man w/his 12 y/o boy & 4 y/o girl came up asking to pet her and his son
told Dad, "That's a bulldog." Dad, "No, it's not a bulldog." Me, "Your son
is right, she's a bulldog."

Cami is as bulldog looking as they come, nothing to guess about with her!

Silly people!!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Stores can be a challenge for sure, people love to see a bulldog but when you walk in with 3 bulldogs they lose their marbles :lol: people are always going crazy over the babies :) ... it's a definite, bulldogs get a lot of attention!!!

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Stores can be a challenge for sure, people love to see a bulldog but when you walk in with 3 bulldogs they lose their marbles :lol: people are always going crazy over the babies :) ... it's a definite, bulldogs get a lot of attention!!!

Oh I know If I ran into you guys I would def be on the floor playing with the pups!!! lol

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Oh I know If I ran into you guys I would def be on the floor playing with the pups!!! lol

they eat the attention up, so if they got the chance to meet and play they would be loving it!!!

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
oh yeah Chunky loooooves to be adored by his public, he is sure they ALL want to say hi and scratch his booty, or rub is neck rolls. He even gets mopey if people pass with out at least telling him how handsome he is!! What a total ham!!!!

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
oh yeah Chunky loooooves to be adored by his public, he is sure they ALL want to say hi and scratch his booty, or rub is neck rolls. He even gets mopey if people pass with out at least telling him how handsome he is!! What a total ham!!!!

Brie tries to go to them if they don't go to her. She looks at them like 'ahem!..I'm right here, look, I'm cute now come pet me!' She even barked at someone to get their attention. They turned, saw her n then she started w the butt wiggling which is very rarely ignored.. Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
so, so true.... there is NEVER a walk, events,or stop at a store, bank, drive-tru window that does not get a comment of some type or major attention. We were in a parking lot one day and a car came off the street and plled next to us --- 'can i please say hi/pet you Bulldog'

jm00ser

Aug 10, 2013
Tampa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Haven't been able to take Daisy out to stores yet since she hasn't gotten all of her shots, but she did cause a quite reclusive neighbor to actually come outside and say hi! Hadn't talked to him since he moved in years ago!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.