Chew toys and Food..which is best!!?!

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Can you expand on this please? Just wanting to learn, thanks.

You want high protein for growing puppies, sick and pregnant dogs but if you are trying to maintain weight and the dog is not active lower percentage of protein is better otherwise you will possible get runny poo or an overweight pup. All dogs are different you just need to adjust or change the food as needed to maintain weight and health.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I agree with the others! The marrow bone and antlers are the best :) And our Target carries a nice variety of antlers!

jm00ser

Aug 10, 2013
Tampa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
After spending on kong and nylabone, Daisy of course adores a rope toy I picked up at the dollar store.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Antlers and marrow bones are the best for my girl Banks... she is happy and occupied for hours with them

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
Ella loves her chew toys. I bought her a Kong, and she loves that. Hard rubber ones are usually the best. No latex as they rip easily, and your pup can chew them up and swallow pieces. As for the Antlers, you're right, they are super expensive. If you know any hunters though, ask them for there antlers or raw bones. My sister feeds raw and her boyfriend and his friends are all hunters, so she gets alot of goodies for her pups, and shares with me for my Ella. She also goes to the grocery store, and asks them for their meet scraps. She gets bones, steaks, chickens.
Also if you have a local pet shop, as apposed to say petco or petsmart, they may have a better deal on bones. I know ours does. My boyfriend was able to get Ella a huge cow shoulder blade for $3.95. It's almost as big as she is lol
Good luck =)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online