ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Mabel sleeps by my side of the bed right after she comes up the stairs at night, then moves to her crate, where she sleeps with the door open. :babysleep:

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Oh please take a picture I would love to get some ideas :D

Some really crappy cellphone photos... (I plan on doing a blog entry with proper photos and details when it is totally finished).

The main area. We are adding another storage compartment to it soon. I'm also swapping out the photo for some of him. I have a few photos I want to develop as canvas prints.
1.jpg

The mattress (and a bit of white blanket). Foam + a vinyl textured "fabric".
2.jpg

One of his toy buckets...and some of his brewskies. LOL
3.jpg

Deadpool. His favourite superhero. (Because Deadpool, much like Chance, is totally sarcastic and all about food.)
BRf9N65CQAEVqbd.jpg

Last edited:

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Some really crappy cellphone photos... (I plan on doing a blog entry with proper photos and details when it is totally finished).

The main area. We are adding another storage compartment to it soon. I'm also swapping out the photo for some of him. I have a few photos I want to develop as canvas prints.
View attachment 52287

The mattress (and a bit of white blanket). Foam + a vinyl textured "fabric".
View attachment 52288

One of his toy buckets...and some of his brewskies. LOL
View attachment 52289

Deadpool. His favourite superhero. (Because Deadpool, much like Chance, is totally sarcastic and all about food.)
View attachment 52290

Wow! That is completely awesome...aside from the Caps memorabilia ... :tongue:

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Wow! That is completely awesome...aside from the Caps memorabilia ... :tongue:

Haha... Caps AND Pens. *shakes head* I blame his dad. :p

We actually took him on a road trip from Toronto to DC in May. His dad went to see the Caps play the first two playoff games and I went for the museums. There's a famous bullie (Ovie the Bulldog) who hangs out outside the Verizon Centre with fans sometime so we met up with him. International bully meetup! :D

P.S. Crate training makes it 100x easier to travel with your dog. He was a dream in the hotel.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Haha... Caps AND Pens. *shakes head* I blame his dad. :p

We actually took him on a road trip from Toronto to DC in May. His dad went to see the Caps play the first two playoff games and I went for the museums. There's a famous bullie (Ovie the Bulldog) who hangs out outside the Verizon Centre with fans sometime so we met up with him. International bully meetup! :D

P.S. Crate training makes it 100x easier to travel with your dog. He was a dream in the hotel.

Nice, sounds like a great trip! And yes, having a crate w you can make things easier.. Caps AND Pens?? SMH ...:nono:

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
[MENTION=2565]malaviKat[/MENTION] Wow nice! Humm going to show my husband your mancave for Chance. Did you have everything custom made? I am really interested in the bed and the "cave"

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Nice, sounds like a great trip! And yes, having a crate w you can make things easier.. Caps AND Pens?? SMH ...:nono:

Caps AND Pens...and we live in Toronto so he often goes to see the Leafs. Ridiculous. Chance is probably less expensive than his hockey habit. :p

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber sleeps where she wants to sleep.....sofa, chair, daughters bed, under the bed (not necessarily good because she likes to prowl around to see what she can find new), pretty much where ever she decides its time to lay her head. Ruby sleeps in her crate at night just because we still don't trust her for an all night prowl about. Two of them loose.....there is no telling what they would get into, besides Ruby still thinks it is magnificent to chase the cats nonstop.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Caps AND Pens...and we live in Toronto so he often goes to see the Leafs. Ridiculous. Chance is probably less expensive than his hockey habit. :p

Caps, Pens AND Leafs?? :faint:

lol I'm a Bruins fan. Love hockey and my bully. Didn't think anything could surpass bully expenses! Ha ha!

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
@malaviKat Wow nice! Humm going to show my husband your mancave for Chance. Did you have everything custom made? I am really interested in the bed and the "cave"

We built it all ourselves... but it's all IKEA parts aside from the mattress. If you just do the cave+ mattress you can put it all together (new) for less than $150 - way cheaper than many dog beds, even dog mattresses, that I've seen. If your IKEA has an as-is section, you might even be able to get stuff for less.

The "cave" is two expedit desks that have been joined together to form the box. (The desk usually attaches to the expedit grid shelves on one side as an "L". We just put two "Ls" together.) They're screwed together from the top and the side. It's pretty stable but we may bracket the inside for more stability in the future.

The mattress is a 2" thick piece of foam that we got from a sewing/fabric store. 3" seemed like overkill but...whatever works. :) We covered it with the vinyl shown above (also purchased from the sewing store) and stapled the bottom with a staple gun, just like you would if you were upholstering a chair seat. For the bottom of the mattress we were going to use carpet underlay but I actually found foam core poster board (stationery dept) at Walmart that was the exact right size and black so we used that instead. It just has to be thick enough to give the staples something to adhere to. The benefit of the foam core board is that it is much lighter than underlay material so it is easy to move the mattress. You cannot feel the staples from above so I don't have to worry about the staples poking Chance. The vinyl can be wiped down with a damp cloth..

I meant to staple a shower curtain liner under the vinyl to make the bed waterproof but actually forgot (silly me). Thankfully, Chance doesn't really drink in his bed and he sleeps on blankets (heaven help me if I don't change his sheets on HIS schedule!) so the waterproofing isn't a huge deal.

Hope that helps! :)

I'll update when we get it finished up but Chance was happy to move in as soon as the major building was done. :)

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Caps, Pens AND Leafs?? :faint:

lol I'm a Bruins fan. Love hockey and my bully. Didn't think anything could surpass bully expenses! Ha ha!

I may be exaggerating a little bit... but the response I usually get is... "I'm Canadian". :p So yes, he's a fan of the Caps and Pens... and we've now been to both cities to watch those teams. He goes to a number of Leafs games during the season and he and his friends routinely roadtrip to Buffalo because Buffalo tickets are way cheaper than Toronto. (Well, EVERYBODY is way cheaper than Toronto.)

Oh! He used to play 2x a week, too. Now it's just once.

So yeah... I think on a good month Chance probably IS cheaper than his dad's hockey habit. :p

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
wow that is so creative :w00t: Thanks for the hints going to try to convince my husband to do this would look great rather then having all the doggy stuff scattered thru the great room.

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
NP!

For better or worse, I am too OCD to leave doggy stuff everywhere. So, doggy stuff has a place. Bonus: old toys become new and exciting again when they come out of storage. :)

Good luck with your bed! :)

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I may be exaggerating a little bit... but the response I usually get is... "I'm Canadian". :p So yes, he's a fan of the Caps and Pens... and we've now been to both cities to watch those teams. He goes to a number of Leafs games during the season and he and his friends routinely roadtrip to Buffalo because Buffalo tickets are way cheaper than Toronto. (Well, EVERYBODY is way cheaper than Toronto.)

Oh! He used to play 2x a week, too. Now it's just once.

So yeah... I think on a good month Chance probably IS cheaper than his dad's hockey habit. :p

Lol fair enough then! Your bully cave looks great. Chance must love it. He looks very comfy!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
When Dudley was a little puppy he slept in his crate next to my bed, but he got restless and started barking when he got about 7 o 8 months old, so he started sleeping in his crate in the dining room. Since December (I had taken a second part-time job working retail) and I would get home after 10...he started carrying on when I tried putting him in his crate. So I just left him in the living room (he rarely ever comes upstairs). He sleeps on his favorite chair, on the couch and, sometimes, in his crate. And, all by himself, he takes a nap every afternoon in his crate! I know some are complaining about the hair and the snoring...but I really would love it if he slept on my bed! I've tried it a few times, but he just can't settle down and wants to go downstairs. I actually love to hear the gentle snoring!! Zzzz

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online