bubbaisapig

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]. Do u need to stop giving him Fromm chicken veggie? Do I have to go to raw? I have no idea now what to do. U said no beef oor poultry. He can't have anything else because of his allergies. Damn. I have no idea! Maybe ill try the supplement the holistic pet food store suggested to change his OH level? In at a loss Thank you though!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]. Do u need to stop giving him Fromm chicken veggie? Do I have to go to raw? I have no idea now what to do. U said no beef oor poultry. He can't have anything else because of his allergies. Damn. I have no idea! Maybe ill try the supplement the holistic pet food store suggested to change his OH level? In at a loss Thank you though!

Hes allergic to fish too? Fromm makes a salmon. Earthborn makes a coastal catch which I believe is whitefish?

I would stop the chicken at least until this episode clears up if you could. That's the thing without knowing actual test result values. I'm just guessing. I don't know how high. It's possile that just a supplent is enough but I can't say until I know the numbers. Maybe you could call and have them read it to you tomorrow?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD

OP
bubbaisapig

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] thank you! Bubba is allergic to salmon, lamb, peas, soybean, brewers yeast) The vet tech is the one that told me about those three levels being high although it seemed like she was telling me that because she said that's what causes these types of crystals to form. I will call today and find out details. Thanks again! I will stop the chicken but the raw food I buy is either chicken or beef also. I will let you know what results are.

OP
bubbaisapig

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] Well, talked to vet tech..not sure this is gonna be much help but..she said he has the triple phospherous crystals, 25 WBC (high powered field) but no red blood cells, a mild increase in protein, and an increase in bilirubin. She doesn't have any other numbers. Next monday I have another appt and will have them do more extensive test on all his organs (esp liver) to see how they are functioning. Does any of the above help you at all?

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] Well, talked to vet tech..not sure this is gonna be much help but..she said he has the triple phospherous crystals, 25 WBC (high powered field) but no red blood cells, a mild increase in protein, and an increase in bilirubin. She doesn't have any other numbers. Next monday I have another appt and will have them do more extensive test on all his organs (esp liver) to see how they are functioning. Does any of the above help you at all?

It does a little. Increased WBC probably means there is an infection brewing.

Start upping his potassium intake with foods until Monday. There really is nothing more to do until you have test results.

My phone number is in my profile. Call me if you need to :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

OP
bubbaisapig

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] thank you again. I will let you know. Yes..they did say he had an infection. I am also giving him powdered cranberry right now.I will keep you up to date.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
@Twice thank you again. I will let you know. Yes..they did say he had an infection. I am also giving him powdered cranberry right now.I will keep you up to date.

I would not give him cranberry right now, before you know what kind of stones they are. Bullys can have the same genetic defect that most Dalmatians have. Meaning they're prone to develope urate stones. If he has this those pills, they will only engourage that. My Usko has this defect and has also had stones surgically removed. When that happened, he also had UTI, so his urine pH was high, over 9. Urates form in alkaline urine, so I was very confused. The UTI raised his pH, but before he had that he had the stones form in acidic urine. Cranberry will not cure Bubba's UTI, but if he has this defect it will make that worse.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
I just read your last post more carefully...I've never heard of triple phospherous crystals???

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Then most likely the infection caused his urine to alkalize and that caused the crystals, so no need for a food change...just antibiotics with probiotics and that cranberry....and I'm positive Bubba will be just great and you get to sleep in a dry bed again....
If his urine pH is high then you could give him acidic more foods and if it's low more alkaline. You can find a chart if you google "acid/alkaline table". For finding out what his pH is you need to test his urine regularly. I prefer to do it with an elecrtical meter. In my opinion the strips are too vague.

OP
bubbaisapig

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] thank you! but, shouldn't I try to find out what caused the infection? [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] stated maybe he is having liver issues? The vet tech said his bilirubin was elevated. I just don't want this to be a chronic issue. You think I should have more extensive tests to his organs to see how they are functioning or should I do a 'wait and see?'. I just don't know what to do. I did notice (in retrospect) that he showed signs of something was changing, a few months back. I have no other way but to be blunt about this but..I noticed he was having an increased amount of yellow spuge (lol) coming from his penis. It was thicker than usual and more often. He has this normall, just not that i used to notice much..thought 'just a male dog getting more mature. I had to put sheets on top on my comforter to keep from washing my comforter so much because of the small yellow spots. My point of all this is..if it has been going on, slowly, for a few months..could it be something more serious going on?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
I worry too much and even though I try not to always think the worst, I sometimes do. Most of the times it's for nothing...If you think there could be something more serious that caused the UTI then for your peace of mind do have the tests done. But don't worry, before you have to...easier said that done....

Has Bubba been neutered? If not it can also be inflamed prostate. Have they taken an ultra sound?

Just awhile ago Voitto was limping and after few weeks we took him to the vets. They examined him, didn't find anything, took x-rays, didn't find anything...but the vet said that she hasn't ever seen shoulders like Voitto's...freak out nro 1...she said that she would send the pics to an orthopedist for consultation and we shoul call her next week...worried sick for a week...next week when I called the vet tech said only that if he continues to limp he should have an operation!....major freak out...I send the pics to another vet that is also an orthopedist, where we use to go in the city....and she replied that there is nothing wrong with his shoulders, they're very normal and just exellent. If he continues to limp, then let an orthopedist examine him. So all that worry for nothing, I was already thinking that his shoulders are somehow abnormal.... He was on painkillers and restricted exercise for two weeks and hasn't limped since.

OP
bubbaisapig

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] You're right..I should try not to worry. we'll see how the follow up appt goes and see what my vet thinks. Thank you!

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Noob question....how do you gather a urine sample from your dog? Mack would never let me get close enough to catch it in a cup or something. He would probably also not let me close enough to even toss a cloth or something under him to pee on! Just thinking how on earth I would ever accomplish that if it ever becomes necessary...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Noob question....how do you gather a urine sample from your dog? Mack would never let me get close enough to catch it in a cup or something. He would probably also not let me close enough to even toss a cloth or something under him to pee on! Just thinking how on earth I would ever accomplish that if it ever becomes necessary...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
I was just wondering the same thing

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.