Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Bubba have a UTI?

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    bubba
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Does Bubba have a UTI?

@Twice no blood panel..just urine test since they were too busy to see him. They only said I should change his food because of the high levels of acid in his urine...which, they said , would help.(perscirption foods they suggested seemed like a bunch of garbage in them); I now have also been giving him plant enzymes with canberry powder. Slowly changing him , slowly to 'sojo's' freeze dried raw food with beef. ( not sure about it but i don't have many options for grain free and not giving anything he's allergic too) They said some dogs don't process certain foods the right way and their system gets too acidic and produces these problems. Have you heard of the supplements at the holistic dog food that changes the acidic levels..added to their current food?

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Switching to raw is a good option. You can't get any more 100% natural than that. It's easier to digest too so the body won't have to work so hard to process it and his liver won't have to deal with extra stuff.

I really would like to see test results tho. There was something in your update that didn't sit right with me and I couldn't figure it out until now. You said all you did was hand them a urine sample. Yet from that one sample he was able to determine high phosphorous and magnesium levels?

Before I suggest anything else we have to determine for sure which type of crystals they are, that is super important before deciding what to do.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaisapig View Post
    Have you heard of the supplements at the holistic dog food that changes the acidic levels..added to their current food?

He was probably going to give you some sort of a potassium supplement. Potassium helps prevent the formation of uric acid. You don't have to buy it tho. Just give him foods high in it. Bananas, cantaloupe, oranges, sardines, sweet potato, tuna, salmon are all good choices very high in potassium. Try not to give him red meat or poultry of any kind. Vitamin C also dissolves uric acid.

10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    bubba
    Likes (Received)

@Twice. Do u need to stop giving him Fromm chicken veggie? Do I have to go to raw? I have no idea now what to do. U said no beef oor poultry. He can't have anything else because of his allergies. Damn. I have no idea! Maybe ill try the supplement the holistic pet food store suggested to change his OH level? In at a loss Thank you though!

Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Twice. Do u need to stop giving him Fromm chicken veggie? Do I have to go to raw? I have no idea now what to do. U said no beef oor poultry. He can't have anything else because of his allergies. Damn. I have no idea! Maybe ill try the supplement the holistic pet food store suggested to change his OH level? In at a loss Thank you though!
    Hes allergic to fish too? Fromm makes a salmon. Earthborn makes a coastal catch which I believe is whitefish?

I would stop the chicken at least until this episode clears up if you could. That's the thing without knowing actual test result values. I'm just guessing. I don't know how high. It's possile that just a supplent is enough but I can't say until I know the numbers. Maybe you could call and have them read it to you tomorrow?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD

10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    bubba
    Likes (Received)

@Twice thank you! Bubba is allergic to salmon, lamb, peas, soybean, brewers yeast) The vet tech is the one that told me about those three levels being high although it seemed like she was telling me that because she said that's what causes these types of crystals to form. I will call today and find out details. Thanks again! I will stop the chicken but the raw food I buy is either chicken or beef also. I will let you know what results are.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    bubba
    Likes (Received)

@Twice Well, talked to vet tech..not sure this is gonna be much help but..she said he has the triple phospherous crystals, 25 WBC (high powered field) but no red blood cells, a mild increase in protein, and an increase in bilirubin. She doesn't have any other numbers. Next monday I have another appt and will have them do more extensive test on all his organs (esp liver) to see how they are functioning. Does any of the above help you at all?

Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Twice Well, talked to vet tech..not sure this is gonna be much help but..she said he has the triple phospherous crystals, 25 WBC (high powered field) but no red blood cells, a mild increase in protein, and an increase in bilirubin. She doesn't have any other numbers. Next monday I have another appt and will have them do more extensive test on all his organs (esp liver) to see how they are functioning. Does any of the above help you at all?
    It does a little. Increased WBC probably means there is an infection brewing.

Start upping his potassium intake with foods until Monday. There really is nothing more to do until you have test results.

My phone number is in my profile. Call me if you need to

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    bubba
    Likes (Received)

@Twice thank you again. I will let you know. Yes..they did say he had an infection. I am also giving him powdered cranberry right now.I will keep you up to date.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

@Twice thank you again. I will let you know. Yes..they did say he had an infection. I am also giving him powdered cranberry right now.I will keep you up to date.
    I would not give him cranberry right now, before you know what kind of stones they are. Bullys can have the same genetic defect that most Dalmatians have. Meaning they're prone to develope urate stones. If he has this those pills, they will only engourage that. My Usko has this defect and has also had stones surgically removed. When that happened, he also had UTI, so his urine pH was high, over 9. Urates form in alkaline urine, so I was very confused. The UTI raised his pH, but before he had that he had the stones form in acidic urine. Cranberry will not cure Bubba's UTI, but if he has this defect it will make that worse.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I just read your last post more carefully...I've never heard of triple phospherous crystals???

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    bubba
    Likes (Received)

@RiiSi also called struvite stone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads