How does this happen while someone in watching the dogs?

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I went out for approximately four hours this evening, to a baseball game and to dinner. I left Linus and Baby T in the care of my wonderful husband. They were all literally in the same room together the ENTIRE time (according to his account anyway!) but somehow, the entire bottom part of the rocking chair in my living room has been "customized" by one or both of the bullies.

How can someone be in the same room as the dogs for a few hours and allow them to eat a wooden rocking chair? Eesh! I'm tempted to cage all three of them while I'm out next time! :angry:

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
LOL my son is just like your husband. I was working the other night and Mr.Beefy and my 10 yr old were in the living room. Well Beefy must have had to pee because when i got off there was a nice new pee spot by the couch and Beefy always barks when he has to pee. So I asked my son if he heard Beefy barking he said yes....so why didnt he let him OUT!!!! Ugh the male gender....

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
awww poor chair. Sounds like the hubby was watching tv completely engrossed and the boys were bored.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
same thing happens in our house as well!!! i was at work one day and jeff let the girls watch tv in our room, well instead of moving clothes off the bed to the chair the girls just kicked it into the floor, which included a new bra i had just bought and some clothes i sorted through that morning.. well jeff was in the office with the boys and guess what they got ahold of.....yes my new bra!!! i came home that nite saw my bra in the middle of the office floor where jeff and the boys had been and said... so jeff did the boys get a new toy today, he said no, i was like well apparently they did... all he said was o sh&%!!! ya guys

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
My husband is really not like that. Although Norm is HIS baby, my hubby stares at him more than the tv... unless football is on, then Norm has to be on his lap.

Sorry to hear about your rocker. Hope it's fixable.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OUCH poor rocking chair? Is the damage so bad it cannot be fixed? I know one day I was on the couch with the kids and Tidus grabbed the corner of the coffee table, I think he had it for about 10 seconds before I told him no..... but he did so much damage in 10 seconds! I was shocked :eek:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Men, they can have that tunnel vision when it comes to tv etc. I dont understand it myself but us women are more observant I guess. lol

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION] .....Did you think of them when you abandoned them to go enjoy yourself without them???? huh?huh? For shaaaaaaaame!!!!!!!!!!!! >.<
Those poooooor babies......:*(

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Well, this is probably the fourth chair I've purchased for this particular corner of my living room because they always seem to fall victim to the bulldog, even though Linus and Truman are not prolific chewers.

I still have yet to receive a satisfactory explanation as to how this happened while my husband was supervising but here's a pic of the damage...maybe I can sand it down a little and put some new stain on there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I'm not seeing the whole picture, just a little of the top. I was just going to say, NOT defending your husband, because let's face it, we all know how men are. But Bullies are FAST!!! The other day I was here in the family room with Ida and Gertie and Gertie was out of my direct line of vision for a few minutes. I thought she was snoozing but discovered she was SHREDDING the edge of a throw rug. WHY??? I guess only Gertie knows. That rug has been there since before we got her, so I don't know why she'd suddenly decide it needed altering.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Well, this is probably the fourth chair I've purchased for this particular corner of my living room because they always seem to fall victim to the bulldog, even though Linus and Truman are not prolific chewers.

I still have yet to receive a satisfactory explanation as to how this happened while my husband was supervising but here's a pic of the damage...maybe I can sand it down a little and put some new stain on there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ouch ... I feel your pain!!! Maybe you should let them customise the other end so it matches .....?? :lol:

AND we all know that men can only focus on one thing at a time so if the TV is on then they are oblivious to anything else. Women are the multi-taskers!! <o

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
im sure you can sand it and stain it....well sounds like they were all in on it, trying to give mom a new project to work on!!!

Most Reactions