Thread: Question about switching flavors of same food..

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Default Question about switching flavors of same food..

I feed Gertie and Ida Nature's Variety Prairie Chicken and Brown Rice. In the hope of avoiding allergies later on, I'm trying to give them variety now. I've noticed several members mentioning that they buy a different flavor of the same brand of food. I haven't done this yet. I can get lamb, beef, venison or salmon. Is this really a no problem, just switch to the new flavor type thing? I don't want to do something that will cause them problems, but if switching flavors is good for them and can be done without a gradual transition I'll get a differnt flavor next time. Does anyone else feed this brand?, and if so, do you get different flavors? Or, if you do this with some other brand, please tell me how this works out for you.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Bulldog Vet in Training gatorfan85's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr.Beefy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Question about switching flavors of same food..

I just started Beefy on By Nature and will be swtiching flavors once a month for a variety. I switch Gerogia's flavor everymonth or every other month. She has never had any tummy problems though....I'm still waiting to see how Beefy does.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I havent tried switching flavors yet but will this next time. I am feeding the fromm foods but I am sure if you keep it within the same family of foods it will be fine since most the ingredients are very similar already.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

You can switch flavors, all the ingredients are the same, just different types, like Salmon, chicken, lamb, but ALL other ingredients are the exact same. I started Vegas on the Salmon, he did fantastic, next bag bought chicken, Not so good, this bag went back to Salmon, he loves it better and is doing better.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Okay, thanks. I just wanted to make sure before I got a different flavor. Even tho all other ingredients are the same, it seems like there's quite a difference between chicken and a fish or a deer. But okay, I'll try it!

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

I use Nature's Variety Instinct formulas and I have tried all of the varieties so far, without a problem. I try to give half and half for a day or two, just in case, but I haven't experienced any other problems other than buying a bag of bad food that gave both my doggies a sour stomach.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Remove Ads