ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have no input on this... Just know that we are praying for you!!! Keep us posted...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse had his done at 5 months and he too was red and swollen and I too felt why did I do this but his eyes are beautiful now and so will Otto's it took about two weeks I think for all to look better. Hugs to you and Otto. You did do the right thing for Otto

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My Voitto had his eye tucked at about 4-5 months, but it didn't look bad at all compered to the massive sherry he had. Otto too will look as handsome as ever after awhile! Didn't they give you anything to put in his eyes after the surgery. We had to put drops 3 times a day.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I am so sad for our dog Otto. Yesterday he had cherry eye tacking surgery. I wish we'd never ever done it. It's a day later but I can't tell you how incredibly swollen and droopy his eyes are. I went back this am as soon as the opened and the doc that did it wasn't in but they gave him a shot for the pain and some drops for inflammation. The next time I'm scheduled is tomorrow at 5:15 and I don't want to wait (but it seems she's only in during the afternoon). I can't begin to describe how AWFUL and RED and so so so swollen they look. It's as if they are inside out. This mornings doc said they are extra swollen and he has congunctivitis. I seriously feel like I butchered my dog. The vet has done these often and she has a ton of bulldog patients... that I've seen in the waiting room. I am so sad and depressed. Anyone ever deal w/ this? :pray:

Brutus had cherry eye in both eyes. We tried to have them both tacked but it only worked in one eye. We had to had the lining removed in the other eye a few days after the initial surgery. It is a scary sight and sad to deal with. we had drops we had to put in the eyes twice a day and antibiotic ointment twice a day as well. The whole two surgeries in 1 1/2 wks was horrible but Brutus is doing great and he doesn't have eye issues anymore. Hang tough, it will get better and Otto will be much more comfortable soon.

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
Bump to see how Otto is doing! Hope all is going well. I'm glad I came across this thread as Cinnamon will most likely have to go through this soon. She has a small cherry that pops out every so often. The vet is waiting to see if she will grow out of it. I hope she does.

Cinnamon and Pepper both send loving licks!!!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Don't beat yourself up. You did the right thing and youre only intentions were to help Otto! He's going to recover nicely..prayers to you and to Otto for a speedy recovery!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I am so sad for our dog Otto. Yesterday he had cherry eye tacking surgery. I wish we'd never ever done it. It's a day later but I can't tell you how incredibly swollen and droopy his eyes are. I went back this am as soon as the opened and the doc that did it wasn't in but they gave him a shot for the pain and some drops for inflammation. The next time I'm scheduled is tomorrow at 5:15 and I don't want to wait (but it seems she's only in during the afternoon). I can't begin to describe how AWFUL and RED and so so so swollen they look. It's as if they are inside out. This mornings doc said they are extra swollen and he has congunctivitis. I seriously feel like I butchered my dog. The vet has done these often and she has a ton of bulldog patients... that I've seen in the waiting room. I am so sad and depressed. Anyone ever deal w/ this? :pray:

My Brutus had both eyes done. It will get better. The swelling takes a little time to go down and believe me it will be much more comfortable for Otto. You did the right thing for him. Hang in there.

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
How is Otto doing? Hopefully he's recovering beautifully and you aren't as guilt ridden as you were. Hugs!

louisv

Aug 6, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Louis V and Valentino

How is Otto doing? Our little guys just popped out today and will see the vet on Wednesday and after seeing your post I am scared to have anything done! Please let me know how he has progresses.

Brelalonde

Oct 16, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley/bailee
Bentley had the surgery done in both eyes at around a year old ! I felt the exact same way ! He looked so sad and swollen I wish I had never done it ! A year later he is fine but very bad dry eye and drops for the rest of his life in one eye :( hope everything went well !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.