Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cherry eye surgery.... so sad.

Don't beat yourself up. You did the right thing and youre only intentions were to help Otto! He's going to recover nicely..prayers to you and to Otto for a speedy recovery!

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Akamm10 View Post
    I am so sad for our dog Otto. Yesterday he had cherry eye tacking surgery. I wish we'd never ever done it. It's a day later but I can't tell you how incredibly swollen and droopy his eyes are. I went back this am as soon as the opened and the doc that did it wasn't in but they gave him a shot for the pain and some drops for inflammation. The next time I'm scheduled is tomorrow at 5:15 and I don't want to wait (but it seems she's only in during the afternoon). I can't begin to describe how AWFUL and RED and so so so swollen they look. It's as if they are inside out. This mornings doc said they are extra swollen and he has congunctivitis. I seriously feel like I butchered my dog. The vet has done these often and she has a ton of bulldog patients... that I've seen in the waiting room. I am so sad and depressed. Anyone ever deal w/ this?
    My Brutus had both eyes done. It will get better. The swelling takes a little time to go down and believe me it will be much more comfortable for Otto. You did the right thing for him. Hang in there.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Khaleesi
    Likes (Received)

How is Otto doing? Hopefully he's recovering beautifully and you aren't as guilt ridden as you were. Hugs!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Louis V and Valentino
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Akamm10 View Post
    I am so sad for our dog Otto. Yesterday he had cherry eye tacking surgery. I wish we'd never ever done it. It's a day later but I can't tell you how incredibly swollen and droopy his eyes are. I went back this am as soon as the opened and the doc that did it wasn't in but they gave him a shot for the pain and some drops for inflammation. The next time I'm scheduled is tomorrow at 5:15 and I don't want to wait (but it seems she's only in during the afternoon). I can't begin to describe how AWFUL and RED and so so so swollen they look. It's as if they are inside out. This mornings doc said they are extra swollen and he has congunctivitis. I seriously feel like I butchered my dog. The vet has done these often and she has a ton of bulldog patients... that I've seen in the waiting room. I am so sad and depressed. Anyone ever deal w/ this?
    How is Otto doing? Our little guys just popped out today and will see the vet on Wednesday and after seeing your post I am scared to have anything done! Please let me know how he has progresses.

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley/bailee
    Likes (Received)

Bentley had the surgery done in both eyes at around a year old ! I felt the exact same way ! He looked so sad and swollen I wish I had never done it ! A year later he is fine but very bad dry eye and drops for the rest of his life in one eye hope everything went well !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads